Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

ASM 300 Reprint1950

Collector Djnaz private msg quote post Address this user
New user here!

Just wondering what yall think of this book.. Is it worth grading? Is it worth getting signatures? Lee and Mcfarlane?

Thanks!

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like it is in pretty nice shape. I'm not big on signatures but I'd say go for it if you like it. I would definitely get it graded in any case.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Kungfufighting private msg quote post Address this user
A very desirable book and can fetch a good amount. Personally I think the whole Stan Lee signature on the 300 is over done and there are a ton of them but being the chromium version I might do it just to up value. Although I would get Tood to sign for sure. Nice book!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
ASM is def one of my "regret" books. Had a few as a young kid, thought they were cool, but they did not survive the purge. I paid cover price for them, To think they are worth a grand now blaghhh
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I might be hesitant to get a signature on that slick chromium cover.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
For a reprint....I just don't see the value.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-Chromium-CGC-9-8-/282334077982?hash=item41bc6c241e:g:V8wAAOSwt5hYeptT
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Kungfufighting private msg quote post Address this user
I believe I saw it was a 1 in 3000 print dealer incentive. One sold sogned by Stan and Todd a 9.8 for $900 so people will pay if the properly graded and yellow label
Post 7 IP   flag post
I found some information on this book....interesting comments overall....

here is the print runs for the MCC sets....

"Originally Posted By: Kaptain Kollektor

Did the Spider-Man books have lower print runs than the rest of the series?

According to Comichron, the X books did have a higher print run: MCC/ASM # 300 = 3,291 (it's under TPBs for some reason), MCC/GS # 1 = 4,568 and MCC/X # 1 = 3,963"

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6683638
Post 8 IP   flag post
IMO - there isn't that much different in the runs.....I think the value is more related to being a different edition of the original book, and people just can't afford the original ASM 300.

I also agree that a book printed 10 years after the original issue, is considered a reprint.....not a variant.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Neat book. I've never seen this before.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Djnaz private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the information guys. It's highly appreciated. I'm leaning towards getting it graded just deciding between cgc or cbcs and if I want mr Lee and Mr McFarlane signatures. Kinda nervous I spent a decent amount on it. Quite less than eBay. To me it looks flawless scared it won't come back 9.8 or higher.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601310 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?