Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Special Discount Mail Call1933

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an order of ten comics back today that I submitted approximately three weeks ago using the 20% off special discount offer (10% off for Members). I can't believe how fast these comics were processed, graded, and shipped. I cherry-picked through some of my best books, and only selected ones that I thought would get high grades and be worth $400-500 each or more. Thanks to the discount, I was able to submit eight books for theQuickstream tier, and using my Bronze "coupons" I submitted two books as 2-Day Moderns. Both tiers are currently supposed to have a two to three week turn-around. I am so happy with the look of the new labels, and although one book received a "Trimmed" notation, I am very satisfied with the grades.

Here's a look at the books. I'll start with a Superman 100 from 1955 that I obtained from its original owner many years ago.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Seven of the remaining books were SA Avengers and X-Men. I purchased these from dealers in RI and Massachusetts over 30 years ago.

Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of great books there. Very nice
Post 7 IP   flag post

Post 8 IP   flag post
@Kaleljll - Thanks. It took a lot of effort to find them many years ago (way before the internet and Ebay) and I'm just glad I didn't get rid of them all.
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
I saved the best two for last. I had hoped this GS X-Men would get a 7.0 or maybe a 7.5. The square-bound giants never look that great to me.

Post 11 IP   flag post
And I never submit a book expecting a 9.8. The best part about this one is I bought it new off the rack myself.

Post 12 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
These books were well worth grading even without the 20% off.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Is the discount st available?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice books. Great job keeping the Iron Fist #14 that nice all those years.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Kaleljll - unfortunately, that was a CBCS holiday special that expired on January 13th.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Kaleljll - unfortunately, that was a CBCS holiday special that expired on January 13th.

OK cool. Thank you anyway. I can't stop looking at the books you showed us. Hard to believe you kept them all in such stellar shape all these years.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
VERY VERY NICE!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips - Thanks, Brian. I wish I could have kept them all that way.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@ZosoRocks - Thank you also. Now if only I had a war room/man cave as nice as yours to display them!
Post 20 IP   flag post
LOL....It does have a nice ring to itn huh?....nice?....hmmm.....I do like some of the stuff on the walls.

...and everything has a price and can be sold!!

Post 21 IP   flag post

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Kcolli private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome collection
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Phenomenal books. And tremendous grades, to boot. Very nice!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still very jealous of your IF #14 lol. Congrats on your books sir. They're beautiful!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Some nice books there.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, those books are awesome! Thanks for sharing them!
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice, those XMen books look great!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
NICE results!
Post 29 IP   flag post
598076 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?