Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics ForeignComics MagazinesComics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

Unknown Dell Otto Variant by Panini Comics1919

Collector sonny4eyez private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

I recently Bought the attached Dell Otto Variant from Ebay and to my surprise when it arrived, it turned out to be a mini sized comic! It measures 7 3/8 inches in height & 5 1/4 inches in width. Its behind a standard size bag and board in the photo. My question in:

A. Does anyone else know anything about this comic? When it was available? its rarity? any significance behind the small size?

B. Will CBCS grade this?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
A) Never saw it before, but Panini Comics is the name of the company that distributes Marvel in Europe/overseas.

B) CBCS will grade and slab it, but smaller sizes are charged more for the specialty inserts needed to slab them properly.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
What does the indicia say?
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
That's a killer cover, and I've never seen it before either.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the size of an Ashcan comic.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
A) Never saw it before, but Panini Comics is the name of the company that distributes Marvel in Europe/overseas.

B) CBCS will grade and slab it, but smaller sizes are charged more for the specialty inserts needed to slab them properly.
appreciate that info, good to know. Panini comics does have a lot of beautiful covers out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
What does the indicia say?
Indicia? Inside is uncanny amen 394, fantastic four 60 (vol. 3) & daredevil 168 all translated into french
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful piece.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ok, I did some checking around and I believe the comic is pre 2006. I think the size is normal for a French comic. As for rarity and value, I would suggest posting this on the foreign comics thread or perhaps in a couple different Facebook groups.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
If the size is ashcan it will probably be $25. Thars what they charged my ashcan.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@sonny4eyez Indicia is the copyright and publishing information, usually found on the inside splash page.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
This is Marvel Encylopedia X-Men # 2 published in 2003. Panini, as they are known to do, reprinted the book with a virgin cover

"At last, a comprehensive, up-to-date fully illustrated biographies of more than 350 x- men characters from the hit movies and beyond! A must-have addition to the collections of die-hard fans or the perfect entry into the x-men universe for new readers! Hardcover, 128 pages, full color."

Post 12 IP   flag post
From the description given I think they just swiped the cover, sounds like the interior contents are different.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Marvel Encylopedia X-Men # 2
I had no clue this even existed. Panini Comics seemed to have reused the cover art and reprinted uncanny xmen 394, fantastic four 60 & daredevil 168 for this.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Ok, I did some checking around and I believe the comic is pre 2006. I think the size is normal for a French comic. As for rarity and value, I would suggest posting this on the foreign comics thread or perhaps in a couple different Facebook groups.
Ill try that out.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny4eyez
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Marvel Encylopedia X-Men # 2
I had no clue this even existed. Panini Comics seemed to have reused the cover art and reprinted uncanny xmen 394, fantastic four 60 & daredevil 168 for this.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if your comic came first. Foreign publishers often combine completely different comic book issues into one book.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Ill try that out.

Here is the forum thread.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/64/page/19/official-foreign-comics-thread/#456

Here is a good group of foreign collectors on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/546995245484226/
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ill try that out.

Here is the forum thread.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/64/page/19/official-foreign-comics-thread/#456

Here is a good group of foreign collectors on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/546995245484226/
This works perfectly! I have a small and modest foreign comic collection, those 2 pages will be a great help to me. Truly appreciate it all @jesse_o
Post 18 IP   flag post
600701 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?