Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

Went to St. Louis today1918

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Today, I went to the 1 day show in St. Louis. Did anyone else attend?

I got to meet Steve. He was a very nice guy. He had a line at the CBCS booth for the entire time. He was very busy.

Two of the books I am having graded are being pressed. I can't wait to see what type of grade this one gets once it is pressed and graded.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Nice. Here's hoping there's no resto. Raw keys always make me nervous.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Draco private msg quote post Address this user
Most restoration isn't that hard to spot. A black light helps to.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Nice. Here's hoping there's no resto. Raw keys always make me nervous.

The book has been in my collection for years.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I just wanted to add the following review on the show. I didn't think to take pictures.

The show was open for 5 hours. Scheduled to open at 10 am and close at 3 pm. The show was small. I believe it had about 60 tables. It was pretty busy. Not packed. You could move around, speak with the vendors, and look at their stock without running into people.

The vendors mostly had comics. There were many who had boxes of silver age books running around 50% - 60% off guide pricing. There were lots of $ 4.00 and under boxes to look through too. I even saw on table that had $ .50 boxes on it. So, there were deals to be found. One vendor had an Amazing Spider-man #1, and a run of X-Men #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 on display. They were lower grades but it was nice to see them at this small a show. He was busy with customers so I did not ask about pricing on those books. I did not see a Hulk 181 at the show. I did see lots of 180's and 182's.

I believe there was 3 tables of artist. Rick Burchett was at one doing sketches. Good guy and very attentive to the people that came up to him asking for autographs, and asking questions.

CBCS had one table with Steve running it. In the 3+ hours I was there it had people waiting in line to have books sent in to be graded. From all the writing he was doing on submission forms his hand had to be hurting.

I spoke to the promoter and was advised that the show had more people in attendance than they expected. So, it was a success and in the future they would be doing more of them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The books I dropped off have popped up as an order being "submitted" on 1-25-17. Roughly 11 weeks to go!
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah doesnt seem submitting at cons is the way to go. Took them a month to be submitted on mine, and the turnaround time started from there
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I thought books submitted at shows received a submission date the same as the day they were dropped off. I guess not.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If you call them, your actual "received" will be the Tuesday after the end of the con. Due to the large number of submissions at cons, there is almost always a delay in the actual input of information to the dashboards. In other words, despite what date it says on the website, the first day CBCS counts it as received is the Tuesday after the con - unless that's a holiday, I suppose. And yes, con submissions have taken up to 3-4 weeks to all get entered. And no, they cannot backdate when they do the data entry. Not at this point anyway.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
That makes more sense, though I was told my "recieved" was the 28th for a books given on the 13th. So not a month but just over two weeks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600899 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?