Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I here ya. Some GA covers defy description, and the imagination, well...

Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector PhilMaurice private msg quote post Address this user
Oof! Mystic #2. What a beauty! Syd Shores did some truly spectacular covers, even laboring in the shadow of Schomburg.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Double decker operating table. for twice the sinister action.
And not just a mad scientist. But a undead one. So cool.
And a Nazi
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector RebellionComics private msg quote post Address this user

perhaps one of my favorite precode horror covers yet still creeps me the hell out
Post 179 IP   flag post
BCM #50 sports a legendary Lee Elias cover, and it's many peoples' favorite, RebellionComics. Elias landed at Marvel in the mid-70s (along with other 50s greats like Frank Robbins) and did some interesting work on Power Man, where he was inked by Frank Giacoia and Tom Palmer. His work had a rugged dynamism that was instantly recognizable.
Post 180 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 181 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 182 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector Larryw7 private msg quote post Address this user
This is a good cover, I think.

Post 184 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Larryw7 You think correct! Awesome.
Post 185 IP   flag post
All-Star Comics #7 features an E.E. Hibbard cover and is also the first time Superman and Batman appeared together in-story. After that, All-Star #8 must have been a crushing disappointment. Does anyone even remember that issue?

Post 186 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
From 1940. This is graded as a 7.0 by another company.

Post 187 IP   flag post

Can you find the nude on the cover. Guess this one slipped through.
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Another of those ridiculously cute painted ZD covers. Only issue, and this is the only copy I remember ever seeing.

Post 189 IP   flag post

well now you can say you have seen mine. Highest graded
Post 190 IP   flag post

Post 191 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

well now you can say you have seen mine. Highest graded

Post 192 IP   flag post
Collector RebellionComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMaurice
All-Star Comics #7 features an E.E. Hibbard cover and is also the first time Superman and Batman appeared together in-story. After that, All-Star #8 must have been a crushing disappointment. Does anyone even remember that issue?

wasn't all star #8 the first app of that one girl... you know the one everyone likes...Harley Quinn? Lol
Post 193 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Some beautiful books in this thread, and what variety! Everyone deserves a virtual beer...

Since it's Friday everyone should be seeing double by this hour, so I'll post a two-fer, one raw, one slabbed.

Without further adieu, two copies of Marvel Mystery #13, the first appearance of Simon & Kirby's Vision, from 1940:

Should I decide to have the raw copy graded, it goes to our hosts at CBCS!
Post 194 IP   flag post

The rarest of the rare. Best ZD of this book I have seen and only second copy I know of.
Post 195 IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user

Post 196 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryw7
This is a good cover, I think.

You think correctly!

That's an awesome cover I've never seen before.
Post 197 IP   flag post

This is weird.
Post 198 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

This is weird.

Post 199 IP   flag post

Post 200 IP   flag post

Post 201 IP   flag post

I think someone posted one of these here earlier or maybe other room. Anyhow here is my BR #1 1940
Post 202 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder That is a beauty
Post 203 IP   flag post

Post 204 IP   flag post

First app Peanuts Tip Top #173 and then their first 4 covers I believe shortly thereafter.
Post 205 IP   flag post
600698 5576 30