mm
Post 1853 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I got Wood. Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh.

Post 1854 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I could not turn down this classic cover. No 'lady in red' but yellow is close enough on the color wheel for me

That one's on my hit list, soooo jealous.
Post 1855 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1856 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO

mm
Post 1857 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 1858 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

OO

mm

Post 1859 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 1860 IP   flag post
Here's another rabbit

Post 1861 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 1862 IP   flag post

Post 1863 IP   flag post

Post 1864 IP   flag post

OO

mm
Post 1865 IP   flag post
@martymann I like seeing some of the issues in these recently posted books. I try to stay in my lane and only collect high grade #1's and #nn's. So I done get to see other issues too often, otherwise I would have too many comics, if that's possible.
Post 1866 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 GREAT COLLECTION OF NUMBER ONES!

I always loved finding first issues on the newsstand.

OO

mm
Post 1867 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
@earthshaker01 GREAT COLLECTION OF NUMBER ONES!

I always loved finding first issues on the newsstand.

OO

mm
I bought these two highest graded really cheap already graded really cheap. 7-8 years ago they seemed to not have much value, but in last couple years I think they are creeping up. Such great covers. I only have a few #2's but couldn't pass it up when they #1 was there as well.

Post 1868 IP   flag post
Here is a #1 you rarely see in nice shape, in fact, I don't think I have seen one in anything but vg outside of this one.
Post 1869 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Classic Ditko pre-code...

Post 1870 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann @earthshaker01 Nice 'Wabbits'! Love me some Hoppy, also have some Super Rabbit too
Post 1871 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@martymann @earthshaker01 Nice 'Wabbits'! Love me some Hoppy, also have some Super Rabbit too

I don't have rabbit on mine but here is the highest graded #1 Comedy comics
Post 1872 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:

Those are really really HOT now, outrageous prices on the Timely Humor in particular, skys the limit on high grade. Congrats!
Post 1873 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Those are really really HOT now, outrageous prices on the Timely Humor in particular, skys the limit on high grade. Congrats!
Are they? I bought this years ago. I don't track market much anymore. I always hoped when I picked up these non Marvel/DC superhero high grade #1's etc...that one day they would get popular about the time I eventually retire. Maybe it is slowly coming to fruition.
Post 1874 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Take a few minutes one night and go through Heritage Auctions completed sales listings for these titles/publisher in the last two years...you're in for a shocker
Post 1875 IP   flag post
Quote:
@earthshaker01 Take a few minutes one night and go through Heritage Auctions completed sales listings for these titles/publisher in the last two years...you're in for a shocker
wI'll do, but I'm afraid if I see high numbers I will be tempted to sell. I really want to wait about a decade, retire, sell it all and move away. But I'll take a look some night.
Post 1876 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
wI'll do, but I'm afraid if I see high numbers I will be tempted to sell. I really want to wait about a decade, retire, sell it all and move away. But I'll take a look some night.
Your plan is similar to mine: Want to spend two more years going after a few more must haves, stop collecting and hold the collection for 10 years (sharing it on forums, exibits, local tv spots, etc) then let it go.
Post 1877 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your plan is similar to mine: Want to spend two more years going after a few more must haves, stop collecting and hold the collection for 10 years (sharing it on forums, exibits, local tv spots, etc) then let it go.
Would love to show this collection on TV or Web some how. 1100 plus GA and SA Slabs at least half are highest graded. Nt to mention all the similiar raw I haven't graded yet. Was thinking of renting a local gallery and doing a showing one day.
Post 1878 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Would love to show this collection on TV or Web some how. 1100 plus GA and SA Slabs at least half are highest graded. Nt to mention all the similiar raw I haven't graded yet. Was thinking of renting a local gallery and doing a showing one day.
GOALS!! I have A LOT more slabbing to do But the gallery route is a great idea. And a lot of local TV stations pick up on stories like that. Also Heritage Auctions Magazine the Intelligent Collector profiles special collections of various interest too. Upload it to You Tube it if you get there before me
Post 1879 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Here is a link to one, granted it's the Church copy, but still.....

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/gay-comics-32-mile-high-pedigree-timely-1948-cgc-vf-85-off-white-to-white-pages/a/121822-11451.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-071515&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417
Post 1880 IP   flag post
598060 5529 30