CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
lol...a 5.0...no doubt.
ok..2 to 1 for the top one....let's see where the auction is come Wed.

Now....if your decision is biased because the top book is one of yours in the auction, feel free to let me know
I am bidding on it.
Post 1501 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher - You can’t go wrong with either book. I am a big Spirit fan, so I’d pick Skinny Bones. But the All-Select is actually rarer than the Spirit Issue.
Post 1502 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
Quote:
lol...a 5.0...no doubt.
ok..2 to 1 for the top one....let's see where the auction is come Wed.

Now....if your decision is biased because the top book is one of yours in the auction, feel free to let me know
I am bidding on it.

I'm sure ...I have a feeling it's going quite a bit higher so I'll probably get pushed out, but Id like to know which one to focus on
Post 1503 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Watcher - You can’t go wrong with either book. I am a big Spirit fan, so I’d pick Skinny Bones. But the All-Select is actually rarer than the Spirit Issue.

Thanks...Its hard for me to drop money on books I know nothing about AND are 4.5's at least I feel good when I grab a 9.0 if I don't know the book
Post 1504 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
New addition to the slab pile.
Post 1505 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this as well since I have the other highest 9.0 I figure I should have both, plus I have this killer raw copy as well yet to be graded.

Post 1506 IP   flag post
When I got one higher grade copy of this year's ago, 8.0, I was happy. Then out of nowhere recently I snatched up a couple really high grade copies in the couple months. One at grading now that I think could be a 9.2 or up, and this one which is equally as gorgeous, less the penciled fraction in the top of the letter "F".
I think that was what they wrote on it whwn it arrived at store.if so I m not sure if it will impact grade.
Outside of that really nice.
Post 1507 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
Well I am back! I have returned!
Post 1508 IP   flag post
Collector David_Kent private msg quote post Address this user
I was in the 1830s arguing with president Franklin pierce about his terrible views on slavery he wanted things to continue as they were !
Post 1509 IP   flag post
So...I think I just won this...I didn't get a pay now statement so hopefully I didn't do anything wrong when I set it up.

Anyway, I'm psyched ..so which one of you guys did I just buy this from

ALL SELECT COMICS #11, CGC 4.5 VG+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED
1946, 1st Blonde Phantom appearance
Current Bid: $2,300
Number Of Bids: 31

You are currently high bidder on this item

Post 1510 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher Congratulations!
Post 1511 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
@Watcher Congratulations!

Thanks brother...I was surprised it went for this price. I was under the impression it would go higher. I didn't expect to win it and my wife watched the whole thing as I assured her I was just practicing the bidding technique and I wouldn't win

She was good about it and I'm pretty psyched!

I wonder how she would have reacted if I practiced my bidding on that AF15 9.0
Post 1512 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1513 IP   flag post
I have 10 really cool GA to post if I ever get them back from grading. 3 months and counting should be soon?
Post 1514 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
bump

got a few more. Now have like 40-50 WDCS off for pressing/grading. I do think I will be get disappointed with some of them as it looks like the spine has been exposed to heat, but overall they are practical unread

Post 1515 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@poka Let me know when you get those back from grading; a buddy & his wife both love DuckTales; so anything w/ the triplets & Uncle Scrooge would be a fantastic Christmas gift.
Post 1516 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@poka Let me know when you get those back from grading; a buddy & his wife both love DuckTales; so anything w/ the triplets & Uncle Scrooge would be a fantastic Christmas gift.

Sure will do. most of them will not be for sale but there are quite a few duplets which I will offload.

and if you cannot wait until then - I have the ones below for sale = a few of them with triplets

Post 1517 IP   flag post
just realized that this one is a potential cape cod pedigree / now how cool is that if that is the case!

Post 1518 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1519 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1520 IP   flag post

Somebody deleted my posts. So I am reuploading them again.
Post 1521 IP   flag post

Post 1522 IP   flag post
Only 2 of these at 8.5 highest. Now I have both. Yay! I guess

Post 1523 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So...I think I just won this...I didn't get a pay now statement so hopefully I didn't do anything wrong when I set it up.

Anyway, I'm psyched ..so which one of you guys did I just buy this from

ALL SELECT COMICS #11, CGC 4.5 VG+ - THE AUCTION HAS ENDED
1946, 1st Blonde Phantom appearance
Current Bid: $2,300
Number Of Bids: 31

You are currently high bidder on this item

Good job, Man! I neeed that book to complete my All Select run but I passed it up to buy the All Winners #14.

Post 1524 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
My first GA Batman

Post 1525 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

@Badger - Damn that is nice!
Post 1526 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

@Badger - Damn that is nice!

+1
Post 1527 IP   flag post
Got a group of 10 books coming back here are 3 I can show you so far because they added to their Featured gallery.
Cosmo Cat #1 now highest graded

Post 1528 IP   flag post

Post 1529 IP   flag post
And this one a 9.8 Coco-cola giveaway

Have to wait for box to get back to get you other pics.
Post 1530 IP   flag post
601280 5583 30