Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@Badger Good Luck if you decide to throw your hat into the ring buddy!

Ok, on from Walt Disney to Warner Bros. Not a Golden age cover i know, but it is early Silver (published around the time the Marvel revolution was heating up), and the last issue of a series that started in the golden age so please give me a pass on this one

This cover to me has an underlying (ahem)'measuring' contest going on.
That's a great Looney Tunes, man.
Post 1026 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
@Badger thanks. There are only 4 registered copies of 9.0 or higher and I got one so you may have to wait a while. Will let you know if I see one. I got this one for a good price.

@Badger - you are in luck. The only other 9.2 is going to be auctioned in september.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/walt-disney-s-comics-and-stories-125-dell-1951-cgc-nm-92-off-white-to-white-pages/p/121736-41003.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515
Hmmm. Thanks for the tip!
Post 1027 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
On a separate note on file copies. Does cgc /cbcs keep a record whos file they are from? I have quite a few file copies but have no idea where they originally are from.
Post 1028 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
On a separate note on file copies. Does cgc /cbcs keep a record whos file they are from? I have quite a few file copies but have no idea where they originally are from.
I don't know for certain, but i would certainly think so. I'm sure there are collectors who know for certain who could jump in.
Post 1029 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Ok, on from Walt Disney to Warner Bros. Not a Golden age cover i know, but it is early Silver (published around the time the Marvel revolution was heating up), and the last issue of a series that started in the golden age so please give me a pass on this one

Sagii, you know better than to get me started. Bugs bunny a go go, ya baby ya!
File copies let's boogey.
Four color 88 arguebly the best bugs cover IMHO, came back 9.2 highest
Post 1030 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Nice! I only have one early Bugs. I've always loved this cover.
Post 1031 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Classic sci fi Bugs cover. Still waiting on the right copy for me. Love it!
Post 1032 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
Quote:

and this is another winner! Also pending perfect copy for me status. Always great seeing these guys!

Nice! I only have one early Bugs. I've always loved this cover.
Post 1033 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii some more of the files cpies I have. Bugs related

Post 1034 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii some more of the files cpies I have. Bugs related

Sweet! The 'Frozen Kingdom ' and 'Dangerous Venture' covers are some of the best funny animal covers ever imho. Can't wait to see what they grade out at. Nice stuff 'Doc'!
Post 1035 IP   flag post
@Sagii whenever I get around to sending them in. I have so many books I am sure I'll get to them at some point. Here is some pig shit

Post 1036 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii whenever I get around to sending them in. I have so many books I am sure I'll get to them at some point. Here is some pig shit

Porky was featured on some killer covers! And Roaring Rockets is a classic! Really excellent examples sir!
Post 1037 IP   flag post
@Sagii let's not forget his girlfriend
Post 1038 IP   flag post

Post 1039 IP   flag post

Post 1040 IP   flag post
Quote:

Beauty!
Post 1041 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii let's not forget his girlfriend
It's so funny, for a character used so very frequently on the comic book covers Petunia is all but forgotten as a 'cartoon character' from the classic shorts. Not that she was used very frequently in them.I guess the editors called for a female presence in the comics to relate to girl readers, but she came no where near the fame of Minnie (or Daisy for that matter).
Where was 'Lola Bunny' when they 'needed' her?
Post 1042 IP   flag post

Post 1043 IP   flag post
Quote:

Dang that's gorgeous! Where do you find these 'perfect'specimens? LOL
Post 1044 IP   flag post
@Sagii now you know damn well I have a time machine. Wanna borrow it?
Post 1045 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 LOL!
For sure!
Post 1046 IP   flag post
@Badger now I know for sure that if I am going to sell I am going to use HA - the current is price is almost $900 and still two hours left - I paid 1/3 at another auction house!
Post 1047 IP   flag post
Totally insane prices at Heritage in tonight's auction for the WDCS. The 125 went for $1200! Need to buy doubles and sell them at HA.

On the other hand - very happy with my recent purchases!
Post 1048 IP   flag post
@poka what issue and wat grade was it?
Post 1049 IP   flag post
125 9.2 but all prices were crazy. Just to list a few. I was interested in 140 but reckon I better find it somewhere else like I did for my 125

83 9.2 1100
111 9.2 900
113 9.2 800
125 9.2 1150
140 9.4 1450
Post 1050 IP   flag post
@poka nice. I guees I should grade my WDCS soon. I have lots of dell file copies but I have been doing alot of my four color and dell giants in the last couple years.
Also the guys house I am going to on Wednesday again has a a bunch in a box. I haven't looked through it yet. It seems WDCS always sell even in vg grades.
Post 1051 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 nice stick to issues below 50 VG or higher and subsequent keys - they are the ones you get best prices on. I can sell 125 and 140!all day long.
Post 1052 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user

I keep meaning to take out my Golden Age books and post pics. I love this thread. Here is one of the first I nbought years ago when I first started getting into Golden Age books.
Post 1053 IP   flag post

Post 1054 IP   flag post
Crime time

Post 1055 IP   flag post
601352 5588 30