Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 knowing your tastes I'm sure you picked some a listers and some obscure 70's goodies! Great buy in my opinion considering the price and condition of said collection. Congrats!
Post 1001 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii well to give you an idea 5 copies of Invaders #1 and 5 copies of inhumans #1 and 5 copies of Star Wars #1, things like thst.
Post 1002 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Badger thanks. There are only 4 registered copies of 9.0 or higher and I got one so you may have to wait a while. Will let you know if I see one. I got this one for a good price.
Post 1003 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@Sagii well to give you an idea 5 copies of Invaders # and 5 copies of inhumans #1 and 5 copies of Star Wars #1, things like thst.
Wow! really great score!
Post 1004 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Limit has been lifted!! Long live the Golden Age of comics!!!!

Post 1005 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii I know they aren't golden but thought you might to take a look at a few of the pics

1st Bobo Fett

There are a few more but that's the jist of it
Post 1006 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 congrats - that seems like a great deal you got there
Post 1007 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Gonna stick with my duckies - first appearance of junior woodchucks

Amazing pickup, congrats!

This book is a perfect example of something fairly common yet impossible to find in a high-grade
Post 1008 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer totally agree
Post 1009 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Incredible. Just 'Wow! Very good pick up. You can also sell some and still have an example or two to keep in your collection
Post 1010 IP   flag post
@Sagii exactly these aren't my cup of tea at all. Will grade them amd sell them all. Take profit and go back to guy buy for stuff. Tons of silver age and bronze. Like NM+ Plop 1 thru 20. Not real valuable but could get cheap so hard to pass on. Lots of all the main suerphero series like ironman #4 on into high numbers. I forgot to look for a #55.
Post 1011 IP   flag post

Post 1012 IP   flag post

Post 1013 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii VERY PRESENTABLE low grade books! WOW

Both are sweet!
Post 1014 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Thanks! The main issue with the BR is the back cover (piece out). I don't mind a 'beater' or two sometimes...
Post 1015 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Did the thread get opened? Looks like they opened it.
Post 1016 IP   flag post
@Sagii nice books love seeing them. BTW I went back to that guy I bought those silver/bronze age last night. I dropped another grand gor t0 mint books. Not bad for 20 a piece on average. Here are a few pics of what I cherry picked out tonught.

1st app of Rouge, I was told so I bought all his copies.

Anyhow crap like that. Can't wait to sell and use money to buy more golden age
Post 1017 IP   flag post
Really good investment either way. And yes, think of all the Golden Age you'll pick up after
Post 1018 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Badger thanks. There are only 4 registered copies of 9.0 or higher and I got one so you may have to wait a while. Will let you know if I see one. I got this one for a good price.

@Badger - you are in luck. The only other 9.2 is going to be auctioned in september.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/walt-disney-s-comics-and-stories-125-dell-1951-cgc-nm-92-off-white-to-white-pages/p/121736-41003.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515
Post 1019 IP   flag post
@Badger Good Luck if you decide to throw your hat into the ring buddy!

Ok, on from Walt Disney to Warner Bros. Not a Golden age cover i know, but it is early Silver (published around the time the Marvel revolution was heating up), and the last issue of a series that started in the golden age so please give me a pass on this one

This cover to me has an underlying (ahem)'measuring' contest going on.
Post 1020 IP   flag post
@Sagii very nice!
Post 1021 IP   flag post
Thanks @poka! And great splash you just made on 'My Slabbed Comics' btw.
Post 1022 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
THE THREAD IS FULL?...

mm
Post 1023 IP   flag post
@martymann No, should be fixed. Probably just a glitch.
Post 1024 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Thanks @poka! And great splash you just made on 'My Slabbed Comics' btw.

Thanks. Just uploaded my purchases/cgc/cbcs submissions for my own collection over the past 3 months. I need to get proper scans for the ones which are in my storage - hopefully will get a few done over the nex month.
Post 1025 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Ok, on from Walt Disney to Warner Bros. Not a Golden age cover i know, but it is early Silver (published around the time the Marvel revolution was heating up), and the last issue of a series that started in the golden age so please give me a pass on this one

That's a great Looney Tunes, man.
Post 1026 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@Badger - you are in luck. The only other 9.2 is going to be auctioned in september.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/walt-disney-s-comics-and-stories-125-dell-1951-cgc-nm-92-off-white-to-white-pages/p/121736-41003.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515
Hmmm. Thanks for the tip!
Post 1027 IP   flag post
On a separate note on file copies. Does cgc /cbcs keep a record whos file they are from? I have quite a few file copies but have no idea where they originally are from.
Post 1028 IP   flag post
Quote:
On a separate note on file copies. Does cgc /cbcs keep a record whos file they are from? I have quite a few file copies but have no idea where they originally are from.
I don't know for certain, but i would certainly think so. I'm sure there are collectors who know for certain who could jump in.
Post 1029 IP   flag post
Quote:

Sagii, you know better than to get me started. Bugs bunny a go go, ya baby ya!
File copies let's boogey.
Four color 88 arguebly the best bugs cover IMHO, came back 9.2 highest
Post 1030 IP   flag post
598060 5529 30