Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii but I couldn't leave yu hanging with just mid grade now could I? Here are a few more I hot back a little more my speed.

Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@Sagii but I couldn't leabe yu hanging with just mid grade now could I? Here are a few more I hot back a little more my speed.

LOL , I know you can't. Your tenacity for seeking out the best copies has paid off. Gems all around! The pink cover Flintstones is a stand out.
And I love Snow man covers and this one just 'melts ' my heart. (Bad pun intended)
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Sagii so here are some of those mid grade #1's and other oddball GA I got back. You'll probably understand the rarity and the value of these specific Tip Top comics 173,185 thru 188, even in these lower grades.
The rest are all HTF as well

I saw these when you posted them on Facebook. I applauded then; I applaud now. Those TipTops are tough!
Post 978 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Badger thanks. Here are some other books I just pulled out of a box. I have Jingle Jangle comics 4 thru 24 file copies. I already had #1 graded, the #2 was missing and the #3 had gotten a tear in ut (not by me). Anyhow here is 4 and 5 to give you an idea of their condition thru 24.

Post 979 IP   flag post
@Sagii here are some more I pulled out of one of my boxes I consider mid grade. Ofcourse I'll press and reset the spine on a few. They are cool books I think worth getting graded at some point. The Four color #4 I didn't even know I had.
Appears some have value even in a 4.0 to 5.5 grade.

Post 980 IP   flag post

Nice stuff. I think all are worth slabbing (Baker, Mighty Mouse giant). Never seen 'Gabby' before. The Teen Humor books are on fire now.
Wonder if 'The Bouncer' will ever benefit from the allure other Fox books of the era command one day?
Post 981 IP   flag post
@Sagii hard to believe this are in my"junker" boxes of comics. Slowly will grab s few at a time and throw in with orders of high grade submissions. I think once I press and clean them the I'll be much nicer.
Post 982 IP   flag post
@Sagii well 8 got my other box of mid grade books in finally, fedex had lost her for 3 days but found it in Sacramento,anyhow here are some for you to see.

Post 983 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii well 8 got my other box of mid grade books in finally, fedex had lost her for 3 days but found it in Sacramento,anyhow here are some for you to see.

Spectacular! You hit all the right notes: Baker, Fiction House, GGA, Teen Humor, Funny Animal, Fox and then some1 Books look REALLY great in their slabs. Not knocking what anybody collects, to each his own, but nothing, NOTHING like golden age. Your collection is a great representation of what was available to a wide audience then! Incredible.
Post 984 IP   flag post
Collector ruicouto private msg quote post Address this user

Just sharing my freshly graded tec35
Post 985 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruicouto

Just sharing my freshly graded tec35
WOOOOOW!!!! Amazing! One of THE most sought after golden age books of all time! Congratulations!!
Post 986 IP   flag post
@ruicouto very cool.
Post 987 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Impressive sir👏👏👏
Post 988 IP   flag post

@Sagii 1933 Popeye #1 for your viewing pleasure.
Post 989 IP   flag post
Quote:

@Sagii 1933 Popeye #1 for your viewing pleasure.
You know how I love me some rarities 😀
That is mighty impressive, that's technically 'platinum age' I guess . You never disappoint. Cartoon royalty
Post 990 IP   flag post
@Sagii here's is one for ya. I traded a 9.2 Batman 3-d 1953, for this 1938 highest graded of 2 only graded copies. It's recently shot up in value in last 5 years. Shooting up 3400% in the last 5 years. Ranked 3rd on the Nostromania.com top 100 magazines. It's the first time I habe let a comic go from collection, but what's one 9.2 when I have 7@9.4 and 2@ 9.6. I still found it difficult to let ho. Sick I know.
Post 991 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii here's is one for ya. I traded a 9.2 Batman 3-d 1953, for this 1938 highest graded of 2 only graded copies. It's recently shot up in value in last 5 years. Shooting up 3400% in the last 5 years. Ranked 3rd on the Nostromania.com top 100 magazines. It's the first time I habe let a comic go from collection, but what's one 9.2 when I have 7@9.4 and 2@ 9.6. I still found it difficult to let ho. Sick I know.
Yeah, I think you'll live (lol).
Smart trade considering. Yes, that book has gained prominence in recent years, and what a copy to own! Amazing considering its age. Bravo!
Post 992 IP   flag post
@Sagii shhhhh...I also have this high grade raw copy. Probably an 8.0
Post 993 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii shhhhh...I also have this high grade raw copy. Probably an 8.0
What the...?!?!
(Jaw drops)
Post 994 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Gonna stick with my duckies - first appearance of junior woodchucks
Post 995 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Gonna stick with my duckies - first appearance of junior woodchucks
That is incredible! Very rare book in grade. I've looked for one 9.0 or higher for years. Congratulations!
Post 996 IP   flag post
Highest graded. Hard to believe at 7.5 but I guess a tough book tough find in high grade. Anyone kow much about this book, history?

Post 997 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Limit has been lifted!! Long live the Golden Age of comics!!!!
Post 998 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
You are the MAN! To celebrate, the first 'lifted limit post'!
Post 999 IP   flag post
@Sagii very cool. So here is something way out of my comfort zone. I spent 1000.00 on 40 bronze age #1's in extreme mint. For an average of 25.00 a piece I couldn't pass them up.
Post 1000 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 knowing your tastes I'm sure you picked some a listers and some obscure 70's goodies! Great buy in my opinion considering the price and condition of said collection. Congrats!
Post 1001 IP   flag post
@Sagii well to give you an idea 5 copies of Invaders #1 and 5 copies of inhumans #1 and 5 copies of Star Wars #1, things like thst.
Post 1002 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Badger thanks. There are only 4 registered copies of 9.0 or higher and I got one so you may have to wait a while. Will let you know if I see one. I got this one for a good price.
Post 1003 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii well to give you an idea 5 copies of Invaders # and 5 copies of inhumans #1 and 5 copies of Star Wars #1, things like thst.
Wow! really great score!
Post 1004 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Post 1005 IP   flag post
600649 5574 30