Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 951 IP   flag post
One of my favorite covers. So simple - yet so funny.
Post 952 IP   flag post
We continue in the silver age thread after this one
Post 953 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@poka love these WDCS, you have some nice books there, we'll done.
Post 954 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 thanks very much. More to come later in the year
Post 955 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@poka keep an eye out. The last 5 I posted here were part of a group of 30 comics that shoukd be back early this week. I'll post some more pics once they get in.
Post 956 IP   flag post
nice
Post 957 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
So I was looking for something in my stuff today and saw this in there. Thought I would take a pic for ya of this Highest graded 1953 3-D Batman #nn. Not a Batman fan at all, but even I love this book.
Included is a picture of the old Batman serial, I think? I think it was an original photo that was given to a reproduction company to do whatever they did wth photos back then. You will see a close up of the bottom back corner with the date stamled on it and a perferrated imprint saying Property of some Corp for distribution by some poster company.
Not sure if the photo has any value, but cool the photo is stamped 1953 and the comic is from the same year. Probably sell then together some day. What do you guys think? Anyone know anything about photo...value. Maybe value both together? I threw this in some of the Facebook forums as well

Very cool pieces. That is some copy of that book!
Post 958 IP   flag post
@Sagii thanks buddy. Keep an eye out here. I habe a bunch of books coming back to house tomorrow.
Post 959 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait!
Post 960 IP   flag post
Collector Jimmers private msg quote post Address this user

Post 961 IP   flag post
Collector Moomba private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers

One of the best covers of the Spirit run, if not the best.
Post 962 IP   flag post
My latest acquisition, Matt Baker cover
Post 963 IP   flag post
@Sagii well I got my box in today with the 30 GA, but was too lazy to open it tonight. I'll open it tomorrow after work and post some here for ya.
Post 964 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Super psyched! Popcorn ready for the show!
Post 965 IP   flag post
@Sagii there are some if the 30 I got back

Post 966 IP   flag post
Collector Jimmers private msg quote post Address this user
Wow,i'm super blown away by those Marvel Man.Incredible!
Post 967 IP   flag post
@Jimmers I hear they are exceptionally rare. Are they? I think they are the only set of 4 known
Post 968 IP   flag post
@Jimmers this is what I know of Marvelman. Tony Starks ga e me some history on them. He said the following.
Very cool books

The British Marvelman has an interesting back story. DC had sued Fawcett Publications in the 40's claiming Captain Marvel infringed on their Superman character and trademark/copywrite. Litigation dragged on for many years.

DC got a favorable prejudgment in 1953 or 1954. The litigation could have dragged on, but sales of super hero books had by then slumped badly from the WWII era. So Fawcett agreed to quit publishing Captain Marvel comic books.

Meanwhile, Captain Marvel was also a good seller for British publisher L. Miller & Son. Not wanting to give up those sales, they simply changed the name to Marvelman and started writing/drawing their own stories until they ceased publication for the title in 1963 . DC apparently didn't care about such and never challenged it.

So the name change for copywrite issues is actually Marvelman. Miractleman was simply a (great) reboot of the character in 1982 by Alan Moore
Post 969 IP   flag post
So check these out I have #11(#1) and #12(#2) in gorgeous shape.

Post 970 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii there are some if the 30 I got back

WOW!!! What a selection of tough, esoteric books, and in such pristine condition! Love the Big Valley, and Super Book of Comics! Congrats !
Post 971 IP   flag post
Some of you may recognize the beauty. Thanks to @gd4901 who sent it safely and quickly
Post 972 IP   flag post
@Sagii so here are some of those mid grade #1's and other oddball GA I got back. You'll probably understand the rarity and the value of these specific Tip Top comics 173,185 thru 188, even in these lower grades.
The rest are all HTF as well

Post 973 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii so here are some of those mid grade #1's and other oddball GA I got back. You'll probably understand the rarity and the value of these specific Tip Top comics 173,185 thru 188, even in these lower grades.

Wow wow and wow. Those 'Tip Top issues are comic book royalty. And yes, they are notoriously tough so you have to take em as you can get em. Nicely done.
DC' Rudolph's are not common either. Beautiful copy there.
Love the 'Ace' of course, and that 'Scooter' a Canadian published entry is a great find too.
Amazing eclectic tastes sir!
Post 974 IP   flag post
@Sagii thanks buddy. The Napoleon and uncle elby was a 5.0 before I cracked it out of its cgc coffin. Had 3/4 inch spine roll. Tool me a half hour to fix it. Now a gorgeous 7.0
Post 975 IP   flag post
@Sagii but I couldn't leave yu hanging with just mid grade now could I? Here are a few more I hot back a little more my speed.

Post 976 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Sagii but I couldn't leabe yu hanging with just mid grade now could I? Here are a few more I hot back a little more my speed.

LOL , I know you can't. Your tenacity for seeking out the best copies has paid off. Gems all around! The pink cover Flintstones is a stand out.
And I love Snow man covers and this one just 'melts ' my heart. (Bad pun intended)
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I saw these when you posted them on Facebook. I applauded then; I applaud now. Those TipTops are tough!
Post 978 IP   flag post
@Badger thanks. Here are some other books I just pulled out of a box. I have Jingle Jangle comics 4 thru 24 file copies. I already had #1 graded, the #2 was missing and the #3 had gotten a tear in ut (not by me). Anyhow here is 4 and 5 to give you an idea of their condition thru 24.

Post 979 IP   flag post
@Sagii here are some more I pulled out of one of my boxes I consider mid grade. Ofcourse I'll press and reset the spine on a few. They are cool books I think worth getting graded at some point. The Four color #4 I didn't even know I had.
Appears some have value even in a 4.0 to 5.5 grade.

Post 980 IP   flag post
601328 5583 30