Post 901 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Bucky gets thrown under the bus...

Post 902 IP   flag post
Followed by a parting shot...

Post 903 IP   flag post
Another late period post-Bucky GA Cap (Crippen "D" ped.)...

Post 904 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so I was hesitant to buy this manuel pacifico 1950 #1 Breast o chicken giveaway because of the pencil everywhere, and the heavy ink in the letter "N". You may recall I bought the only known #2 of this two issue series. It's not even known to exist, as any references to the series only show one issue, or as a one shot.
So, I grabbed the #2 even though it had some issues which helped when I pressed and cleaned it.
However, the #1 I had passed on because of all the writing on cover. I think I mentioned before I went back and bought the #1 after realizing it is almost as equally rare.
So here are 3 pictures of the #1. One is as I bought it with ink and pencil everywhere, the second is after I removed as much pencil and ink as I could safely, the third is after I finished cleaning it and pressing it.
I should note that this is the cheapest thinnest paper I have ever seen on a comic. When held to the light you can see directly through the cover and see all the print on the inside of the cover. I didn't think you could print on paper that thin. So I had to be extra careful cleaning and removing in as to not rip or damage it.
I did what I could, athough not completely removed due to the thinness of the paper I think it's a noticeable improvement.
Also here is the #2 again so you can see both together.

Post 905 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
If you only knew how hard it's been to locate 3 higher grade copies of this book. Pretty darn rare in any grade. Going to crack and press this 7.0 has a few non color breaking bends. Then send all 3 in. Too bad cbcs case isn't quite deep enough to encase for me.

Post 906 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Another addition to my early Detective Comics collection. This one is a much nicer copy than the other two.

Post 907 IP   flag post
Nice GA addition, D84. Robin's better off than Bucky on this Cap cover...

Post 908 IP   flag post
So I had this highest graded #1 and now I just picked this highest graded #2 to go with it.

Post 909 IP   flag post
I also have this high grade raw I'll be pressing in and sending to cbcs. Matter of fact I'll be cracking the other #1 and the #2 and pressing and cleaning all 3 comics
Post 910 IP   flag post
I wonder if this dude inspired Mister Universe...

Post 911 IP   flag post

Post 912 IP   flag post

Post 913 IP   flag post
Well I hoped to have about 50 plus new books to show you by now. Comics have been there 8 weeks already and have yet to move into grading room. So here is another raw book I'll be sending in at some point.
Odd Ficton House 1953 3-D comic in minty condition with the glasses still attached.

Post 914 IP   flag post
Oh and I picked up another gorgeous copy of this HTF book in high grade. So I pressed and cleaned my other one and got a 9.4. Hoping to get a high grade 9.0 or up when I'm done with this one.
As you may recall the difficulty with this book is the outer covers are about a 1/4 inch larger than the inner comic making it difficult to press, not to mention the paper gets gummy if steamed too much. Kind of like when you soak a kleenex.
Any how here is both of them

Post 915 IP   flag post
Here is a tough book to find in nice shape. Need to send in for grading next round. Just waiting for the 50 plus comics I sent in over 2 months ago to get back.
Post 916 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user

I just picked this up at my local comic shop. What a rare find.
Post 917 IP   flag post
Let's keep this thread running till I get my 100 books back

Post 918 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 919 IP   flag post
@poka can you send the book in the mail so I can take a closer look?
Post 920 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 good one - too bad i didn't catch it
Post 921 IP   flag post
Collector CrocHntr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
If you only knew how hard it's been to locate 3 higher grade copies of this book. Pretty darn rare in any grade. Going to crack and press this 7.0 has a few non color breaking bends. Then send all 3 in. Too bad cbcs case isn't quite deep enough to encase for me.

Oh wow! I've been working on my Space Adventures (1-13) and Space Western runs and have never seen this one. I guess I have more to add to my want list. High grade sounds impossible (fabulous book by the way!). Seen any lower grade copies for sale recently?
Post 922 IP   flag post
@CrocHntr yes but even those are hard to come by.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/142425468970
Post 923 IP   flag post
Looks like I just missed one. Ha ha. I'll have to set up an eBay search and keep an eye out for the next. Oversized comics are so hard to find in decent condition anyway, congrats on a nice find with yours! Did it press up well?
Post 924 IP   flag post
@CrocHntr I haven't pressed them yet. The graded one needs to be cracked and pressed. I'll get to it soon. Based on grader notes there is an 8.0 or better hiding in there.
Post 925 IP   flag post
Very cool. I love looking at all your high grade books. Between yours and others in this thread, it has to be one of my favorites just to browse through on a rainy day. Lots of goodness here!
Post 926 IP   flag post
@CrocHntr wait another 30 days I should have another 50 plus back from cbcs then another 50 the following month.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Well order shipped today. 22 golden age comics. 17 are 9.4 or above, 5 of which are 9.8. I'll post some pics when they get in.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 Can't wait. Congrats!
Post 929 IP   flag post
Well they are here finally.

Post 930 IP   flag post
597904 5528 30