Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Some more

Post 851 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Some more again
Post 852 IP   flag post
More...

Post 853 IP   flag post
Hodgepodge of things in pretty nice shape

Post 854 IP   flag post
I think the Hoppy has some value maybe the rest

Post 855 IP   flag post

So here are some books I think have some value I looked one up and I think it said Matt Baker, I now another is L.B. Cole.
You guys would know more than I. I don't know much about artists or specific key GA facts. I just buy them and stash them away never caring about the details so much.

Post 856 IP   flag post
This is funny as I went through these boxes I remember putting them aside even for a simple bend or two, but now that I press and clean my own books I have pulled a couple to work on. One being this Frogman Comics #1. It's in really nice shape to begin. I think when I press the minor spine roll out it might make a 9.0

Post 857 IP   flag post
Lastly, here are two really nice 1st print Classic Comics Library. The cool thing is they are the Canadian 15 cent variant. I hope they are rarer than the 10 cent American version of the same year?
Post 858 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@earthshaker01 Nice ones Hoarder

This one is mine

Nice. You & earthshaker do appear to have your ducks in a row.

@earthshaker01 the loose rug-puppies.
Post 859 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 very nice books

This one I found in a lot last year.
Post 860 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
ok I know that technically this is a book but it is an important one in DD history from 1941 which I got myself ly. Difficult to find 1st edition in high grade
Post 861 IP   flag post
@poka very cool books love the Dell stuff
Post 862 IP   flag post
Only the Claw ducks, but it is an alternate DD from '41...

Post 863 IP   flag post
The books in this thread are ...

Post 864 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 @poka Bringing the 'other Duck' to the pond: key as it's the first comic book devoted to Daffy. This still holds the crown of highest graded copy ( but maybe earthshaker01 has one yet to be graded? ) But I'm sure he'll submit it to CBCS and let me hold the CGC crown wouldn't you pal? 😉😀
Post 865 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 866 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@earthshaker01 @poka Bringing the 'other Duck' to the pond: key as it's the first comic book devoted to Daffy. This still holds the crown of highest graded copy ( but maybe earthshaker01 has one yet to be graded? ) But I'm sure he'll submit it to CBCS and let me hold the CGC crown wouldn't you pal? 😉😀

You do have the highest. Lol however I must warn you I have 2 of these in 9.2 file copies, but that was when I first submitted to CBCS before I began learning the art of pressing and cleaning from my Aunt. I have ever intention in the near future of going through the few I had graded prior to that, reading grader notes and if I see any non-colorbreaking i'll be cracking them and pressing. I have done this on an 8.5 and got back 9.2 before. I guess I wasted money on grading a few in the past since I'll have to regraded them.
I was actually shocked they weren't 9.6 or higher but after learning what to look for in a book I can understand why. Therefore those and about 20 others will be redone at some point including the most difficult four color to find in VF or above #219. It's hard to find that one in much better than a VG.
Post 867 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Yes it is tough above VG, eBay turns up many in that grade.
Two at 9.2 huh? Wow, only can go up from there after pressing. Guess we'll wait and see.....
Post 868 IP   flag post
@Sagii it won't be for awhile I have too many other things I want to grade before I do that. The 21 I have is a file copy I will be sending it in next time around for grading. Right now I have over 100 in for grading. I am hoping for some cool high grade stuff including some dell giants that are flawless with black amd pink covers. I mean gorgeous sorry for any camera glare they were in their bags when I shot them real quick

Post 869 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@Sagii it won't be for awhile I have too many other things I want to grade before I do that. The 21 I have is a file copy I will be sending it in next time around for grading. Right now I have over 100 in for grading. I am hoping for some cool high grade stuff including some dell giants that are flawless with black amd pink covers. I mean gorgeous sorry for any camera glare they were in their bags when I shot them real quick

Wow,that black Halloween cover and pink Flintstones are gonna look Boss slabbed. Anticipated debuts when they do.
Post 870 IP   flag post
@Sagii here is the sicker part I have 4 short boxes with nothing but dell high grade giants.
Post 871 IP   flag post
@Sagii So I currently have 4 orders.in at cbcs 30 dell file.copies all movie comics stuff like that, 22 obasure GA minis or giveaways, 20 Dell four color/giants etc and 30 GA #1's in midgrade. Normally I wouldnt send in midgrade 5.0 to 9.0, but I have tons of them.so I thought it would be cool to do a group as they are valuable even in midgrade. So I should have alot to show you in a couple months here are a couple of the midgrade. Clutching Hand #1 and Ghost comics #1, hoping for 6.5 or above on them. The ut ching hand might pull way higher.

Post 872 IP   flag post
@Sagii you are right that black cover and pink cover might hit 9.6. It would be nice for Steve to rifle a book like this when he posts on their Facebook page. If other knew how hard it is to get dell giants in anything but a 9.2. I think they are the hardest books to get above that due to the binding and chipping that commonly plagues the binding edge
Post 873 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Just amazing! Amazing! A true 'Impossible Collection'.
Post 874 IP   flag post
@Sagii thanks buddy. Here are a couple more of the midgrade I sent in. I am thinking the robot cover might be a 7.5 or more the other oe 7.0ish

Post 875 IP   flag post
@Sagii @Sagii a few more of the mid grade. This dime comics would be a 6.0 but I an think 4.0 to.4.5 due to a piece of 40 year old tab that has bonded to paper. Although I can remove it, it this case I felt I would do more damge that it was worth and if I did get it off there would be a no aged spot where it was at vs the rest of the back cover aging.

Post 876 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@Sagii thanks buddy. Here are a couple more of the midgrade I sent in. I am thinking the robot cover might be a 7.5 or more the other oe 7.0ish

I know you're a big Ziff Davis guy. Those are gems. With a lot of gold ( as current auction prices are revealing, low and mid grade are worth slabbing. Pre code , early super heroes, late Fox hero and Baker romance are leading the pack in these kind of examples.
Post 877 IP   flag post
@Sagii yes I do like Ziff-davis here a few more ziff going in with that order

Post 878 IP   flag post
The Puzzle fun is really nice no puzzle done. The Funland is really nice as well.

Post 879 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 if all of these are on the slab list, we're all in for a treat summer to winter.
I have two stacks yet to be (CGC and CBCS) graded. There have been so many Auctions I can't stop buying stuff long enough to take a break and just spend on slabbing. Well, one day...
Post 880 IP   flag post
601250 5583 30