Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
So I am sending in 50 GA books all weird obscure #1's, giveaways, mini comics, dells, stuff like that tomorrow. So hopefully so stuff to show.you guys in a couple months.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
This Thread should be 'permanent'. Would be a shame to see it archived.
Post 777 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
That would be cool but I'm not sure enough people appreciate this thread to make it permanent.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
That would be cool but I'm not sure enough people appreciate this thread to make it permanent.
How many does it take?
Post 779 IP   flag post
@Badger who knows I don't think it is a number thing I think it's more if they wanna thing.
Post 780 IP   flag post

Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user

Post 781 IP   flag post
@Gaard always like those terror covers. Cool book
Post 782 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
This Thread should be 'permanent'. Would be a shame to see it archived.

Of course these threads should be permanent. Archiving should never be a mothballing process. Once something is shelved and closed to new posts everything that has been posted therein becomes less relevant.

Quote:

The thread looks pretty active to me, but not necessarily when compared to new posts covering a wide variety of current event topics and submission discussions.

That's why collecting discussion forums thrive better separating pages into interests such as General, Modern, Silver, Gold, Events, etc.

Once threads scroll off the first page it takes more effort to find them. Little tabs off to the left side may get you there, but not without distraction.

What's needed is an "on-ramp page" with mapped signs directing traffic to the appropriate side street. Barring that, the front page is just a congested highway with less room for special interests to navigate and a 24 hour parking limit.

Remember, this forum has only been functioning for a year. I wouldn't be surprised if this site evolves into a platform that's more user-friendly, servicing every interest of the comic collecting community equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger
Quote:
How many does it take?

The single page scrolling forum design is probably more about platform cost, ease of maintenance and moderation than about numbers associated with specialized interest such as GA, SA, BA, etc.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if CBCS hasn't grown enough new business to support board enhancements that would allow for separate forums.
Post 783 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 784 IP   flag post

Post 785 IP   flag post
@Sagii Iways thought thos was a cool book

Post 786 IP   flag post
Cool cover there! Just keeping this amazing Thread 'alive'.
Post 787 IP   flag post
Well if we can keep it open for a couple months I should have about 50 more GA high grade coming back from cbcs
Post 788 IP   flag post
Keep it alive!

mm
Post 789 IP   flag post
@steveRicketts 'pin' this thread.
Post 790 IP   flag post
Four color #88 my favorite Bugs cover not sure why just like-it-alotttt.

Post 791 IP   flag post
Quote:

No mystery to me, lots to like there: iconic character, vintage sci fi and amazing copy!
Post 792 IP   flag post
@Sagii came back 9.2 but that's before I had things pressed. May send in to be cracked and pressed. To me a 9.6 is hiding in there and it's a file copy
Post 793 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 it's really a gem as it is but if you can get it to that grade, worth the effort.
Post 794 IP   flag post
@Sagii I know it wouldn't hurt. In a few years when I am done grading all my other raw stuff I'll go through and cgc crap I have bought and crack, press and resubmit through cncs. I'll also look at the few like this four color I didn't have pressed prior to sending in an evaluate grader notes to see if it's worth the effort.
Post 795 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:

No mystery to me, lots to like there: iconic character, vintage sci fi and amazing copy!

Great cover! Alas, Bug's piloting skills could be better...

Post 796 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Love this cover!
Post 797 IP   flag post
Buying this from collectors soon.
Post 798 IP   flag post
Keeping it going!

Post 799 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Two more additions to my WDC&S collection. Know that technical these are too young to be Golden but what the heck

Post 800 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure this thread will stay alive. I peruse it from time to time just as I'm sure others do, but don't actively post (I've never collected GA books, but am intrigued by them). Keep it up! 800 posts and counting.
Post 801 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
And I should add, the only other 800-plus threads I've seen as of late have involved what character/actor someone looks like. So I think this thread will be just fine; the regular posters have such a nice selection of books that this thread will always attract attention.
Post 802 IP   flag post
Kokonut#nn

Post 803 IP   flag post
Nice-en earthshaker!

Another nn golden ager, and this-en's VITAL!

Post 804 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica very cool. What do they mean Vital? It's not by vital publication is it?
Post 805 IP   flag post
601206 5582 30