Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 751 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
@Sagii here is both together. Same character?

I was tempted to buy that Miss Sunbeam with the Clown on it because i have a small (but growing) sub set of books with Clown covers. Totally 50's period pieces. Love 'em!

I only bought it because I know I could press and clean it up a few graded and because I had the #1 of that little miss sunbeam.
Post 752 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I could press all those bends out easily. Would look even more awesome
Post 753 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I could press all those bends out easily. Would look even more awesome
I am going to take you up on that one day with a few nominees.
Post 754 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sagii here is both together. Same character?

I was tempted to buy that Miss Sunbeam with the Clown on it because i have a small (but growing) sub set of books with Clown covers. Totally 50's period pieces. Love 'em!

I only bought it because I know I could press and clean it up a few graded and because I had the #1 of that little miss sunbeam.
Please post it again if/after you do.
Post 755 IP   flag post

Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 756 IP   flag post
John Buscema cover and art, along with Gene Colan and Syd Shores in this All True Crime.

Post 757 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Testing Photobucket uploading:

Discussions on another well known comic board about dropped PB images have led me back here. Finger pointing at Photobucket seems premature. The issue seems to be with their forum formatting and cloud retrieval. Years of images to popular threads have apparently been lost.

It's been awhile since posting anything here because the format is clunkier and a lot of folks I know and interact with still call the other forum "home". Given recent events, I'm rethinking those options, and apologize for taking such a long sabbatical.

-Cat
Post 758 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica - Welcome back!
Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Upgraded a few of my WDC&S. Sorry about the reflection. really need to get a scanner.

Post 760 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Upgraded a few of my WDC&S. Sorry about the reflection. really need to get a scanner.
Man, I really wanted that #98 but now is not the time.

Great upgrades! Congratulations!
Post 761 IP   flag post
Yep, taking a dip when you're not ready can have painful consequences!

Post 762 IP   flag post
@Sagii so now that it is in my grasp. I can reveal the ultimately rare giveaway Breast O chicken #2 giveaway. Yes that is a superhero'ish Tuna Fisherman.
It's taken me decades to find a #2. It's the only one I have ever seen and when I do find it it's in relatively high grade. The #1 in nice condition is HTF as well, but the #2 is super rare IMHO. Figured you would appreciate it.
Post 763 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Sagii so now that it is in my grasp. I can reveal the ultimately rare giveaway Breast O chicken #2 giveaway. Yes that is a superhero'ish Tuna Fisherman.
It's taken me decades to find a #2. It's the only one I have ever seen and when I do find it it's in relatively high grade. The #1 in nice condition is HTF as well, but the #2 is super rare IMHO. Figured you would appreciate it.

Absolutely stunned! Beautiful book!!
Post 764 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Thanks. Aquaman is no match for Manuel Pacifico "Tuna Fisherman"
Post 765 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

I think I can press out the minor bend along the spine with no problem
Post 766 IP   flag post
Quote:
You know i LOVE esoteric hard to find stuff like this. Awesome acquisition! You have one heck of a collection!
Post 767 IP   flag post
DC 40's-50's Teen Humor title

Post 768 IP   flag post
Coming on like GANGBUSTERS!

Post 769 IP   flag post
Whoah! Durable Mike Molloy!

Post 770 IP   flag post
Cosmic Aeroplane copy (my second from the Pedigree)

Post 771 IP   flag post
Here's another Cosmic Aeroplane ped...

Post 772 IP   flag post
Just got these two from a private collector. Both highest graded.

Post 773 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 Awesome books. Noticed one is a Big Apple pedigree.

Here's my lone BA ped...

Post 774 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica cool book love the damsel in distress covers.
Post 775 IP   flag post
So I am sending in 50 GA books all weird obscure #1's, giveaways, mini comics, dells, stuff like that tomorrow. So hopefully so stuff to show.you guys in a couple months.
Post 776 IP   flag post
This Thread should be 'permanent'. Would be a shame to see it archived.
Post 777 IP   flag post
That would be cool but I'm not sure enough people appreciate this thread to make it permanent.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
That would be cool but I'm not sure enough people appreciate this thread to make it permanent.
How many does it take?
Post 779 IP   flag post
@Badger who knows I don't think it is a number thing I think it's more if they wanna thing.
Post 780 IP   flag post
600879 5576 30