Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a nice copy of DBH that I sold a few years ago (I may have to try snagging another someday)...

Post 501 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica

Love this Sid Shores cover art!

Syd is awesome. I think he is a very underrated GA artist.

Thanks! Alas, Syd's name was misspelled on the old CGC label and I copied it verbatim without thinking (my bad).
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:

Love this Sid Shores cover art!

Syd is awesome. I think he is a very underrated GA artist.

Thanks! Alas, Syd's name was misspelled on the old CGC label and I copied it verbatim without thinking (my bad).

Cat you are forgiven this time, but this time only. (Insert teasing emoticon that this board needs)
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica it'd have to SOME grail to get me to part with one Cat. But knowing your tastes, I'm sure it was.
Post 504 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
@CatmanAmerica it'd have to SOME grail to get me to part with one Cat. But knowing your tastes, I'm sure it was.

Yep, traded that copy of DBH as part of a deal to snag this copy Mystic #1...

Eventually upgraded my DBH to a 9.4 copy and then, as luck would have it, sold that one to raise cash for something else! (insanity emoticon)
Post 505 IP   flag post

Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii

Yep, traded that copy of DBH as part of a deal to snag this copy Mystic #1...

Eventually upgraded my DBH to a 9.4 copy and then, as luck would have it, sold that one to raise cash for something else! (insanity emoticon)
Yeah, I could see doing that myself. The perspective on that one is just awesome!
Post 506 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 507 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 508 IP   flag post
Here's another nice book no longer in my collection (8.0 Universal). It was a tough call letting it go, but at the time I was in negotiations for other books (Timely & Quality)...

Post 509 IP   flag post
Here's one I regret parting with (awesome Schomburg), but FY's purple tri-corn hat clashed with my other GA books...

Post 510 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, CatmanAmerica, your collection is absolutely unreal (even the ones you got rid of). If I ever see you at a convention, I will buy you a beer!
Have you checked out the Heritage Auctions site this week? Lots of Schomburg, Fine, and Cole covers, plus lots of Pedigrees. Most are out of my league, but every time I look at them, I ask my self, does CatmanAmerica already have this (like Catman #20)?
LOL
Post 511 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Hey, CatmanAmerica, your collection is absolutely unreal (even the ones you got rid of). If I ever see you at a convention, I will buy you a beer!
Have you checked out the Heritage Auctions site this week? Lots of Schomburg, Fine, and Cole covers, plus lots of Pedigrees. Most are out of my league, but every time I look at them, I ask my self, does CatmanAmerica already have this (like Catman #20)?
LOL

That's a deal!

Yes, I'm checking out the HA, 'nuff said.
Post 512 IP   flag post
Sold copy...

...and the upgrade:

Post 513 IP   flag post
Just added this to my collection. Thinking I might have the highest graded collection of ziff davis stuff. Love that publisher. Here is highest graded #1
Post 514 IP   flag post
Here is a few more of mine.

Post 515 IP   flag post
Sold copy (8.5, SP)...

The upgrade!

Luv dis puppy.
Post 516 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Oh man, hell of a upgrade. I'm glad when I see books like these,just knowing they are still existence in superb condition.
Post 517 IP   flag post

Doesn't get any better for a 1942 four color
Post 518 IP   flag post
@JWKyle Thanks!
Post 519 IP   flag post

Post 520 IP   flag post

Post 521 IP   flag post
Two sweet San Francisco pedigree books that I traded several years ago...

...both with stunning Crandall covers.
Post 522 IP   flag post

I love these early Shazam covers.
Post 523 IP   flag post

Post 524 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 oustanding copy of Atomic Comics
Post 525 IP   flag post
@Kinzebac only the best for you guys
Post 526 IP   flag post

Post 527 IP   flag post
Mid-grade (7.5) traded copy, but it was a tough decision since this'n had such a kewl Schomburg cover...

Post 528 IP   flag post
Here's a sweet mid-grade Marvel Mystery #71 that presents nicer than the grade (7.5), with a superb Schomburg cover.

Traded this'n away several years ago. In retrospect, I kinda regret it. I'd love to find another copy in grade (fingers crossed)...

Post 529 IP   flag post

Post 530 IP   flag post
601362 5588 30