Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageFinale
Can you have signatures verified before pressing?

Currently invoices are not processed in that order.
However, I will note this and ask for a process review to see if it is something we can possibly offer in the future.
Post 176 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

If I send you a red, no need to re-verify correct?
Post 177 IP   flag post
Correct.
Post 178 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Can I send you my magazine format ninja turtle books for pressing but no grading? I have a Fugitoid signed by Laird that could use a pressing and also my signed Raphael and #1 second printings
Post 179 IP   flag post
Absolutely
Post 180 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
how would i make an invoice if you can't grade them
Post 181 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke - there's Raw Grade as a choice now.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Ooooh can you still raw grade a magazine format?
Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke - yes

Post 184 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Screening seems to be one of those "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenarios. If you don't, you run the risk of paying for pressing that you don't need. If you do, you run the risk of multiple shipping charges.

I think having the option to choose is a good thing.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Screening seems to be one of those "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenarios. If you don't, you run the risk of paying for pressing that you don't need. If you do, you run the risk of multiple shipping charges.

what do you mean by the multiple shipping charges?
Post 186 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
From what I understand, they separate the comics that are pressed from those that aren't and ship them back separately.
Post 187 IP   flag post
what do you mean
Post 188 IP   flag post
Quote:

They're still all shipped back together.
Post 189 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Ooooh can you still raw grade a magazine format?

You been in the sewer too long, that was one of the selling points of raw grade.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Ah. I misunderstood.
Post 191 IP   flag post
I read this post & made a wrong assumption...Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
As someone who is one of the first (I believe) to opt in on Steve's/CBCS's in-house pressing services I want to share my experience/lessons learned thus far.

I had just submitted 5 books for grading (they were in transit to CBCS) when the in-house pressing was offered...therefore I did not write it on the invoice. I emailed CBCS customer service to tell them to add pressing to 2 (of the 5) books.

They did add it to my order...however when you request pressing on less than the total order, CBCS will break up the order into separate invoices. That means you're going to get charged for two return shipments (not one).

So be aware. I called up after I saw two invoices show up under my submissions and asked for more information. The story is that they are treating pressing as separate invoices from non-pressing...and this is consistent with how they handled it with past invoices when they farmed out the pressing. This was my first CBCS submission so I did not know this.

One might thing "big deal...it's just another $20)...but the reason I submitted 5 comics was that I did it under the "20% discount with 5 or more submissions" promotion...so breaking them up into 2 and 3 item invoices also has me losing that discount...so in the end the simple request to add pressing is costing me about $50 more than I thought it would.

I'm not blaming CBCS for the confusion...part of it was my fault not asking about what adding the pressing would do to complicate my order and discount...in fact, I spoke to customer service and I believe they understood and (being a first time customer) are going to work with me and see if they can re-combine the order back together and also hopefully I can get my discount too. I was told to call back once I got the email the pressing was completed.

Bottom line...before writing "add pressing" to your invoice...you might want to talk to customer service and avoid a misunderstanding given CBCS is still working out the logistics.
Post 192 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I guess I don't understand. Need to know the specific situation. If you choose screening for all and some get pressed and others don't, they still "stay together" throughout the whole process? I did not choose screening, but requested two of the 5 I sent in get pressed...cbcs subsequently invoiced the pressed/unpressed comics separately and then shipped them separately....I got the "straight to grading" books a few weeks ago...the pressed issues are still in processing...but either I'm whacked with two shipping charges...but maybe if I had chosen screening for all I would not have...and would have paid less in the long run...kinda still sour about the whole thing, to be honest...but I'm stil new at this pressing/prescreening stuff.
Post 193 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Might be a silly question but I'm new to pressing, I sent in one book for pressing (never had anything pressed before from my entire collection) and now i'm kicking myself for not taking a "before" picture of the comic but is there any way to get like notes on what was all done to a book during pressing? If that makes any sense
Post 194 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess I don't understand. Need to know the specific situation. If you choose screening for all and some get pressed and others don't, they still "stay together" throughout the whole process? I did not choose screening, but requested two of the 5 I sent in get pressed...cbcs subsequently invoiced the pressed/unpressed comics separately and then shipped them separately....I got the "straight to grading" books a few weeks ago...the pressed issues are still in processing...but either I'm whacked with two shipping charges...but maybe if I had chosen screening for all I would not have...and would have paid less in the long run...kinda still sour about the whole thing, to be honest...but I'm stil new at this pressing/prescreening stuff.

Orders that have some books going into grading, while other books going to pressing, are now being split onto different invoices.

The screened books are going to pressing, so they can stay on the same invoice with the books being pressed.
Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86
Might be a silly question but I'm new to pressing, I sent in one book for pressing (never had anything pressed before from my entire collection) and now i'm kicking myself for not taking a "before" picture of the comic but is there any way to get like notes on what was all done to a book during pressing? If that makes any sense

This may be a service we offer once pressing is fully integrated into our system. It is not currently offered.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86

This may be a service we offer once pressing is fully integrated into our system. It is not currently offered.

Thank you! lol I'm just curious how it turned out since its my first time getting something pressed. I wish I had just taken a pic of it before but I have an general idea of the defects so I can't wait to see the job!
Post 197 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Orders that have some books going into grading, while other books going to pressing, are now being split onto different invoices.

The screened books are going to pressing, so they can stay on the same invoice with the books being pressed.

That makes sense...I wish I would have known that before...i believe I could have had all my books screened and pressed and paid about the same amount as I did having split the invoice after shipping charges. The three I didn't get pressed should have, now that I have the grading notes...
Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, stupid question, this is why I am asking.

I got a low grade Marvel Super-Heroes currently on its way to me that I bought online. I will be sending it this week to this Roy Thomas event (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394005337650134&set=gm.1410370309037729&type=3&theater)

So once I get it signed, do you all suggest I still get it pressed by CBCS? or should I not mess with it?

yeah pressing it before is ideal but what about after?

Sorry, still new to all this.
Post 199 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on what types of flaws, pressing helps non color breaking dents and bends.
Post 200 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Ok, stupid question, this is why I am asking.

I got a low grade Marvel Super-Heroes currently on its way to me that I bought online. I will be sending it this week to this Roy Thomas event (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394005337650134&set=gm.1410370309037729&type=3&theater)

So once I get it signed, do you all suggest I still get it pressed by CBCS? or should I not mess with it?

yeah pressing it before is ideal but what about after?

Sorry, still new to all this.

You can have it pressed by us after it has been signed. It does not have to be pressed before.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
If I submit several books to be graded, but only one want to be pressed, would I be charged a separate return shipping, or would they all come back to me at the same tine?
If this question has been answered already, I apologize.
Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
If I submit several books to be graded, but only one want to be pressed, would I be charged a separate return shipping, or would they all come back to me at the same tine?

It would be split up and put on another invoice, and shipped back separately.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Would it then have a separate shipping charge, or is that factored into costs already paid?
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Would it then have a separate shipping charge, or is that factored into costs already paid?

If it was originally created on one invoice, there will be additional charges for splitting a book off and shipping it separately.
Post 205 IP   flag post
600887 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?