Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
From the FAQ page - the link I provided.

Thank you. I have one last question. If I have fast pass on the grading, do I have to also pay fast pass on the pressing as well?

So if I have a modern book, and I'm a bronze member, I pay $16 for grading, $9 for fast pass, $12 for pressing, and ANOTHER $6 for fast pass on the pressing? So $41 for a modern book from start to finish?

Actually, no. You can add Fast Pass to the pressing or the grading only. Just make sure you write those instructions on the order clearly.

But then that makes fast pass basically not as valuable as it should be. Have you ever heard the saying, "Hurry up and wait?"

I would be paying extra to get my book moved up in line to get pressed, only to have to wait forever for it to get graded and slabbed, or wait forever for it to get pressed and moved to the front of the line to get graded.

It's just an option for those who want to use it. I agree with you, if you're in enough of a hurry to want fast pass on one, I'd think you'd want it on the other. But that's just me.

I called customer service today to ask questions about a few things and brought this up, and they said you can get fast pass grading and fast pass pressing on the same book. You guys might want to coordinate things, they gave a different answer than you did.
Post 476 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Lewdog Yes, you can. I never said otherwise. You can also get it on one without getting it on the other, which was what I said as I thought that was the question.

Looking back, I realize the question was about the fee. There is a separate fee for fast pass on pressing and grading.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Actually, no. You can add Fast Pass to the pressing or the grading only. Just make sure you write those instructions on the order clearly.

I'm so confused. This is what you said:

"Actually, no. You can add Fast Pass to the pressing or the grading only. Just make sure you write those instructions on the order clearly."

You said, "to the pressing 'or' the grading only. That's where I got the part where you said fast pass could only be put on one or the other.
Post 478 IP   flag post
Yeah, I wasn't very clear and misunderstood what the actual question was.
You have the correct answer now, though.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
Steve when are you guys going to get a Flash pay, cause fast pay seem to be kind double dipping on the price, because if most people are like me they would like to have the option to have a mode that does not charge me twice to get a book through fast, but i would not mind if it was a little more expensive than the fast pass but not double. hummm or is that just ask a living dinosaur for a tooth?
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector GDa private msg quote post Address this user
Any update when they will be adding pressing to the checkout?

Have a few books I want to get pressed and slabbed waiting for the checkout to finally get sorted.
Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector jlinares001 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting for the same thing GDa... seems like a simple thing to add to the Web form, so I'm not sure what's holding it up.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also on hold for a submission. I have 4 books that need pressing and grading.
Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
You might be waiting a while.
Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector Venomade private msg quote post Address this user
Average wait time when getting books pressed and graded is 5-6 months? Just trying to set expectations.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector Pocketrevoltech private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomade
Average wait time when getting books pressed and graded is 5-6 months? Just trying to set expectations.

That sounds about right, I submitted books to be pressed at Baltimore Comic-Con (around Sept 22nd). Received notification that they moved from pressing to grading on 2/16 and were shipped out on 2/21.

I expected them to take longer in grading but definitely not complaining.
Post 486 IP   flag post
Damn It I wish your company would get their crap together. I put on my order I wanted pressing with fast pass on it. They charged me for FAST PRESSING INSTEAD on TWO BOOKS! So instead of $36 I got charged $100! If there were boxes to check instead of writing it on the form this would have never happened! This is screwed up!
Post 487 IP   flag post
I still say CBCS should get pressing on their form ASAP, but my issue is also partly my fault for not reading the chart correctly. When using my 2-day modern credit that comes with a Bronze membership, it puts pressing in a different bracket as regular modern submissions. Instead of $12 for pressing it becomes $35. I'm not sure why... if it doesn't actually speed up the pressing turn around, but it does. Then it is $15 more to do a fast pass on the pressing, which again I don't get.

Can I get some clarification on why it is $50 for fast pass pressing on a 2-day modern submission over $18 on a regular modern submission if the pressing time is the same on both?
Post 488 IP   flag post
Turnaround on Modern is currently about 15 weeks.
Turnaround on 2-Day Modern is currently about 2 weeks.
Post 489 IP   flag post
Quote:
Turnaround on Modern is currently about 15 weeks.
Turnaround on 2-Day Modern is currently about 2 weeks.

If I had paid another $15 for fast pass on the 2-Day Modern pressing what would the pressing time had been?
Post 490 IP   flag post
Fast Pass cuts the turnaround in half.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
i sent in 6 books to be graded. 3 of them to be pressed. the invoice was split in 2, the pressed and graded books being on one and the graded only on the other. since this happened i owe another $19 because it looks like i'll get 2 separate shipments. this isn't how i figured my sub at all. i just hope that the pressed books will be graded too, not just pressed.
Post 492 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@rejaak Unfortunately due to the increased turnaround time that pressing adds, splitting pressed and non-pressed books has been the policy for most of the time that CBCS has done pressing. There shouldn’t be any worry about both orders being pressed but it was just too much of a logistical issue for them to have the unpressed part of an order waiting for two or threee months for the other books to be pressed and graded.
Post 493 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ok...I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't find it.

Just wondering how much pressing is per book?

And it looks like I just write it in on the forms I submit with my books since it isn't on the web form??

Never mind -just found it
Post 494 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Ok...I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't find it.

Just wondering how much pressing is per book?

And it looks like I just write it in on the forms I submit with my books since it isn't on the web form??

Never mind -just found it

Until our guys building the site get the system to where you can select "Pressing"... Yes you do do have to hand write it on the form.

Keep in mind that the books being pressed have to be placed on their own individual invoices.
Post 495 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Per a customer service email my order received from RICC on 11-17-17 is in pressing, that's 17 weeks into a 24 week estimated TAT. I think they'll meet or beat it, any bets?
Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector LemonMonster private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question for pressing a book. Are books that are signed and are foil cover be able to press?
Post 497 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMonster
I have a question for pressing a book. Are books that are signed and are foil cover be able to press?

Yes and yes in most cases, sigs and foil is not a problem. If there is a doubt or concern, the book would be rejected in pressing at no charge to you.
Post 498 IP   flag post
Collector felixrunners private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I had an issue with a pressing....I submitted a book for press/grade...I felt it was a strong candidate for a 9.8, it came back 9.6 with a grader's note of... bend left back cover. I thought that was what pressing should have fixed....

This was my first try at pressing comics and all the rest came out exactly what I expected....so just curious if I'm missing something.

Thanks
Post 499 IP   flag post
@felixrunners Pressing doesn't always fix everything. Some things are more stubborn than others.
It very well could be that there was originally a hard crease and after pressing, it can still be seen. In which case, could logically be called a "bend" in the grader's notes.
Post 500 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Is the service just a single press of the book or does the book get pressed again (and perhaps again), if needed before handing it off to be graded?
Post 501 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck It's multiple presses if needed.
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector Venomade private msg quote post Address this user
Is “pressing” a status after processing or does the status go straight to “grading”?
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomade
Is “pressing” a status after processing or does the status go straight to “grading”?

straight to grading
Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
Per a customer service email my order received from RICC on 11-17-17 is in pressing, that's 17 weeks into a 24 week estimated TAT. I think they'll meet or beat it, any bets?

Coming up to week 22... Don't cost me a case of beer guys! 💰🍺
Post 505 IP   flag post
598011 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?