Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Just got the e-mail that my Aliens mini's went to grading! Many thanks to @SteveRicketts & the pressing group! Next time I send in a submission, I'll tuck in a token of my appreciation C/O Pressing Dept.

"Hey look, what's all wrapped up in bubble wrap under all those packing peanuts? Is that...who would send a bottle of Jack Daniels in with a submission?!"

Post 451 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowdy95
Under the CBCS Comics | FAQ

https://www.cbcscomics.com/faq

General Questions:
Does CBCS do in-house pressing?

Answer is now YES, but where is the CBCS Pressing Page with the price of each press and do you clean too or just press?

Yes, it includes basic dry cleaning. The FAQ on the forum includes pricing.

forum FAQ

Jesse on top of it, thanks.
I asked today about the progress on the pressing being put on the web page. It's done and waiting to get bug tested and approved to be pushed onto the live site. I hope it won't be much longer.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Just got the e-mail that my Aliens mini's went to grading! Many thanks to @SteveRicketts & the pressing group! Next time I send in a submission, I'll tuck in a token of my appreciation C/O Pressing Dept.

"Hey look, what's all wrapped up in bubble wrap under all those packing peanuts? Is that...who would send a bottle of Jack Daniels in with a submission?!"

Those were yours? Just so you know, I earned several gray hairs trying to get them flat. LOL
They turned out pretty nicely. I think you'll be pleased.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

I asked today about the progress on the pressing being put on the web page. It's done and waiting to get bug tested and approved to be pushed onto the live site. I hope it won't be much longer.

Any update on this or ETA? I have a handful of books I have been keeping in my cart waiting to pull the trigger, if the pricing/selection of pressing is on the way I'll like to wait until then.

Thank you!
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
little info. plz, what does the pressing process do longterm for the paper stock and ink of the book overall
Post 455 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
Quote:

Any update on this or ETA? I have a handful of books I have been keeping in my cart waiting to pull the trigger, if the pricing/selection of pressing is on the way I'll like to wait until then.

Thank you!

I know it's currently in production. I'll try to get more info on an ETA later this week.
Post 456 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzbe
little info. plz, what does the pressing process do longterm for the paper stock and ink of the book overall

If properly done, there are no ill effects on the comic.
Post 457 IP   flag post
ty steve
Post 458 IP   flag post
? will pressing help a book that looks like at one time it was rolled up and stuck in a kids back pock and sat on, but no writing on it or pages and ads missing. at this point i have a Iron man 1 i would give a solid 4.0 grade, but would like to know if better off pressing or selling as a reader copy?
at the moment do not have picture of the book.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector Lewdog private msg quote post Address this user
I can't find pressing and cleaning in the fees, nor on the page where I submit a comic. I signed up for the Bronze membership and I was going to submit books, but can't until I get this part figured out.
Post 460 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewdog
I can't find pressing and cleaning in the fees, nor on the page where I submit a comic. I signed up for the Bronze membership and I was going to submit books, but can't until I get this part figured out.

Oh boy.... not again

CBCS has been dragging their feet on adding Pressing services to their Submission page for quite some time now. Info is available, can't remember where? Just not on the main page. Tic tock, Tic tock I wouldn't hold your breath here.
Post 461 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:

Oh boy.... not again

CBCS has been dragging their feet on adding Pressing services to their Submission page for quite some time now. Info is available, can't remember where? Just not on the main page. Tic tock, Tic tock I wouldn't hold your breath here.

Well if I can't get my books pressed and cleaned by them, then I'm going to cancel my membership and ask for my money back. Maybe then they'll get their stuff together.
Post 462 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Check out the FAQ page here.

Forum FAQ

And here is the current pricing chart.

Post 463 IP   flag post
And yes - dry cleaning is included.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Quote:
Check out the FAQ page here.

Forum FAQ

And here is the current pricing chart.

Thank you, but does that mean I have to call them and set up sending books in if pressing and cleaning isn't on the submission form?
Post 465 IP   flag post
From the FAQ page - the link I provided.

Post 466 IP   flag post
Quote:

Thank you. I have one last question. If I have fast pass on the grading, do I have to also pay fast pass on the pressing as well?

So if I have a modern book, and I'm a bronze member, I pay $16 for grading, $9 for fast pass, $12 for pressing, and ANOTHER $6 for fast pass on the pressing? So $41 for a modern book from start to finish?
Post 467 IP   flag post
Correct. But I believe they total up to $43.
Post 468 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you. I have one last question. If I have fast pass on the grading, do I have to also pay fast pass on the pressing as well?

So if I have a modern book, and I'm a bronze member, I pay $16 for grading, $9 for fast pass, $12 for pressing, and ANOTHER $6 for fast pass on the pressing? So $41 for a modern book from start to finish?

You forgot to add in shipping....*smiles*....
Post 469 IP   flag post
Quote:
Correct. But I believe they total up to $43.

Lol Yeah good thing I'm not a math major.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, no. You can add Fast Pass to the pressing or the grading only. Just make sure you write those instructions on the order clearly.
Post 471 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Why dont cbcs put pressing on the chart.Ya are making things more a problem for new customers.
Post 472 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, no. You can add Fast Pass to the pressing or the grading only. Just make sure you write those instructions on the order clearly.

But then that makes fast pass basically not as valuable as it should be. Have you ever heard the saying, "Hurry up and wait?"

I would be paying extra to get my book moved up in line to get pressed, only to have to wait forever for it to get graded and slabbed, or wait forever for it to get pressed and moved to the front of the line to get graded.
Post 473 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Why dont cbcs put pressing on the chart.Ya are making things more a problem for new customers.

It won't be much longer. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it, so I'm at the mercy of those who can.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But then that makes fast pass basically not as valuable as it should be. Have you ever heard the saying, "Hurry up and wait?"

I would be paying extra to get my book moved up in line to get pressed, only to have to wait forever for it to get graded and slabbed, or wait forever for it to get pressed and moved to the front of the line to get graded.

It's just an option for those who want to use it. I agree with you, if you're in enough of a hurry to want fast pass on one, I'd think you'd want it on the other. But that's just me.
Post 475 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's just an option for those who want to use it. I agree with you, if you're in enough of a hurry to want fast pass on one, I'd think you'd want it on the other. But that's just me.

I called customer service today to ask questions about a few things and brought this up, and they said you can get fast pass grading and fast pass pressing on the same book. You guys might want to coordinate things, they gave a different answer than you did.
Post 476 IP   flag post
@Lewdog Yes, you can. I never said otherwise. You can also get it on one without getting it on the other, which was what I said as I thought that was the question.

Looking back, I realize the question was about the fee. There is a separate fee for fast pass on pressing and grading.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm so confused. This is what you said:

"Actually, no. You can add Fast Pass to the pressing or the grading only. Just make sure you write those instructions on the order clearly."

You said, "to the pressing 'or' the grading only. That's where I got the part where you said fast pass could only be put on one or the other.
Post 478 IP   flag post
Yeah, I wasn't very clear and misunderstood what the actual question was.
You have the correct answer now, though.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Steve when are you guys going to get a Flash pay, cause fast pay seem to be kind double dipping on the price, because if most people are like me they would like to have the option to have a mode that does not charge me twice to get a book through fast, but i would not mind if it was a little more expensive than the fast pass but not double. hummm or is that just ask a living dinosaur for a tooth?
Post 480 IP   flag post
597866 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?