Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector DaveSammy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @DarthLego. I understand if you pay more, you get better (i.e. quicker) service. I'm already paying -- mind you I didn't send in any "uber value" books, no Hulk 181s, etc. for a total of 7 books only, $54.86 A BOOK. That's a load of cash for each book. $384 for 7 books. With zero guarantee of anything.

Now that I just realized how much this cost, my head hurts & I don't even know if my books sent in back in April are even through with pressing. Or if pressing was a benefit, all I know at this point is I've already committed a load of money 3+ months ago.

It might have been less expensive, literally, for me to fly down to Florida for the day & drop them off personally. I also could have taken a bicycle back to the upper Midwest in less time.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSammy
So, how do Con folks get their books in such a short timeframe? If they get pushed to the front of the line, and cbcs is at seemingly every Con known to mankind taking as many books as humanly possible and then some, us saps at the end of the line that have to mail in our books get pushed backward endlessly? Con submits are generally promised very quick turn-around times, so fast the plastic on the cases is still warm I think.

I submitted 27 books at the Phoenix Comicon and I was not promised any faster TAT. They still say 8 to 12 weeks from the time of receiving. I also submitted 2 books out of the 27 for pressing and they said it adds 4 weeks to the TAT. I didn't do any fast pass or anything to speed up the process. I am patient and just want the job done right. It will be worth the wait.
Post 377 IP   flag post
That's my hope @Kaleljll. The books are for me, so if I get them back quickly and done like hell, it's totally not worth it. I pray these days.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
That's my hope @Kaleljll. The books are for me, so if I get them back quickly and done like hell, it's totally not worth it. I pray these days.

This is my second submission with CBCS, it will be worth it. I can't wait to get those 27 books back and get them displayed in my man cave. I spent a lot of money to have these books sent in as well and I totally understand your apprehension. You are not being pushed to the back of the line by Comicon submissions though, I am a perfect example of that. Trust in the process, the guys at CBCS, and just be patient.
Post 379 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
So looking at this thread, if you want your books pressed you are looking at a 1/2 year to get them back? If that is the case, might have to look at other options.

I'm grappling with this right now too. Problem I have is this: Some other pressers will take 3-6 weeks, if they're not slammed for pre-convention rush orders, to turn a book around. Add the shipping to and from and you could be in a ball park of 8 weeks. So that cuts down a little time, but there's a downside:

You are sending the books to the presser, sent back from the presser, sending/taking to the con (if you're getting it signed), and then sending to CBCS. Its an extra layer of shipping and handling that adds opportunities to damage or lose the book. Also, you're paying for all that extra shipping. If you send to CBCS you're cutting that cost and some risk out, which is nice.

At the end of the day, it seems like a wash. Pressing pre-submission may save a little time but entails risk and cost. Submitting to CBCS to press and grade all at once and your children could be in the next school grade by the time you get the books back. We pick our poison I guess.

This hobby is complicated.
I have always found that the poison picks me.
Post 380 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
Quote:

This is my second submission with CBCS, it will be worth it. I can't wait to get those 27 books back and get them displayed in my man cave. I spent a lot of money to have these books sent in as well and I totally understand your apprehension. You are not being pushed to the back of the line by Comicon submissions though, I am a perfect example of that. Trust in the process, the guys at CBCS, and just be patient.

Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector NormdaMarine private msg quote post Address this user
Am I the only one who thinks it's reasonable to have submitted 5 books for C&P,ASP/VSP,Grade/Encapsulation and return shipping for it to take 4-6 months? Using Jan 17 to June 17 there was a total of 126 traditionally recognized "Calendar Work Days"! 121 days after 5 days return shipping! 121 Days aka 4 months to do the aforementioned actions may seem like a lot but it's not. With the volume they are doing and the strick Quality Control that must be adhered to throughout their process it takes A WHILE! If you're planning on flipping books you better pay for the higher tiers while collectors like me will wait the 4-6 months happily as its part of the collecting process for us...
Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormdaMarine
Am I the only one who thinks it's reasonable to have submitted 5 books for C&P,ASP/VSP,Grade/Encapsulation and return shipping for it to take 4-6 months? Using Jan 17 to June 17 there was a total of 126 traditionally recognized "Calendar Work Days"! 121 days after 5 days return shipping! 121 Days aka 4 months to do the aforementioned actions may seem like a lot but it's not. With the volume they are doing and the strick Quality Control that must be adhered to throughout their process it takes A WHILE! If you're planning on flipping books you better pay for the higher tiers while collectors like me will wait the 4-6 months happily as its part of the collecting process for us...

I'm with you on this one. I usually always plan on my books being gone for 4-6 months especially if I add additional services.
Post 383 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Walker
New pressing / grading submissions that don't have fast pass for the modern, expanded or consumer tiers shows up with a 24 week processing time. 12 for the pressing and 12 for the grading.

I have multiple pending orders at the moment. Some with pressing and some without. So, I feel the pain on the 5-6 month wait time for orders that include pressing and aren't in one of the faster grading tiers.

Personally, I'm fine if people pay for fast pass or any of the expedited grading tiers and going ahead of my books in the grading line. Obviously they paid for that. However, it wouldn't be right if someone in the same grading tier (i.e. non-fast pass modern, consumer or expanded) goes ahead of my books in the grading queue simply because their books were pressed. If that was the case, and despite the added cost for pressing, I'd get all of my non-fast pass modern, expanded or consumer books pressed simply to get free expedited grading.

BTW, I recognize nobody actually said they felt their books should go to the front of the grading line. Just my two cents on why I think the current setup of going to the back of the grading line makes sense.

The system is putting in the maximum time on the invoice. We have a target turnaround range on all of our tiers for grading and pressing. The system is giving you a time that comprises the maximum times for each service.

Say you do a Modern with pressing. The target for Modern grading is "8-12 weeks" and the target for Modern pressing is "10-12 weeks." In this case the system would put "24 weeks" on the invoice.

In reality the turnaround on Modern grading could be 6 weeks, and Modern pressing could be 6 weeks. The system can't predict when an order will be done, so we have it show the maximum time from the targets.

I hate it when I don't understand something that has been explained to me, but ...

I submitted 1 Expanded for pressing & grading.

The invoice says "Processed within 12 weeks after receipt". Is this the total (pressing & grading), or just grading?
Post 384 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard most likely that is just the time for grading, pressing data hasn't been integrated into the shopping cart yet.
Post 385 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
That's cool. Not really chompin at the bit here, just trying to understand.
Post 386 IP   flag post
@Gaard I would add the two tats together and expect that long.
Post 387 IP   flag post
I'm thinking 25 weeks total at the current estimates.
Post 388 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
If Im using my two 2-day modern membership coupons and want to have them pressed will they automatically use the 2-day modern pressing tier? $70 for both comics vs. $36 (regular modern + fast pass) is a drastic difference. Not even sure these books needs pressing, just want to make sure they get the best chance at 9.6-9.8.
Post 389 IP   flag post
Hmmmm...is there a way to see a particular book on a post that Mr. Ricketts is very proud of and/or improved so much he puts it on a special post or a fb page? I always hope that he does one or more of mine and improves them to a degree that seems worthy to him to make that additional notice.
Post 390 IP   flag post
@Thanatos they should use what ever pressing tier you write on your invoice.
Post 391 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Thank you
Post 392 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Hmmmm...is there a way to see a particular book on a post that Mr. Ricketts is very proud of and/or improved so much he puts it on a special post or a fb page? I always hope that he does one or more of mine and improves them to a degree that seems worthy to him to make that additional notice.

There was this one he was proud of, but they deleted it from FB for some reason. This is all that's left, condensed from the original.

Post 393 IP   flag post
Have to call tomorrow, invoice is now showing an extra $35 per comic for what I'm assuming is 2-day modern pressing. Guess writing "modern pressing + fast pass ($18 per comic x2 = $36)" isn't specific enough lol

Guess I'll find out when they charge my card.
Post 394 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone mentioned that CBCS website - under the FAQ - still says CBCS does not do in-house pressing & that CFP comics is the only pressing service currently recommended?

Might want to get someone to erase that question and answer...
Post 395 IP   flag post
Quote:

The pressing tier has to match the grading tier, no mix and matching. A 2-Day Modern comic has to be pressed in the 2-Day Modern tier as well, can't do a regular Modern press.
Post 396 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Quote:

The pressing tier has to match the grading tier, no mix and matching. A 2-Day Modern comic has to be pressed in the 2-Day Modern tier as well, can't do a regular Modern press.

Well that's a monkey wrench in my future plans.
Post 397 IP   flag post
That should be noted in the pricing chart for pressing.
Post 398 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Has anyone mentioned that CBCS website - under the FAQ - still says CBCS does not do in-house pressing & that CFP comics is the only pressing service currently recommended?

Might want to get someone to erase that question and answer...

That's not the only thing outdated on the website.
Post 399 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Quote:

Well that's a monkey wrench in my future plans.

lol yeah, pretty sure I talked to our very own @Jake_Fleming thing morning about it. Forgot to ask about his khakis. Hoping they can remove the pressing option from my order since my comics arrived yesterday, don't want to spend $70 to clean off fingerprints lol
Post 400 IP   flag post
I don't see why we can't mix and match logistically. If I want regular fast pass pressing and then 2-day grading, why can't that be an option?
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
So many questions and not enough answers.
Post 402 IP   flag post
@stevericketts, would you be able to tell me if my hulk 180 and iron fist 1 are in pressing yet?
Post 403 IP   flag post
Thank you for the PM @stevericketts.
Post 404 IP   flag post
@stevericketts - do you let people know how the pressing turned out, even on some of the books, in their order? I have books sitting in QC stage since I think last Monday when I received the e-mail. I make a broad based assumption that the pressing must have went well, as the tier on quite a few of my books was bumped up (along with the grading fee). Thanks either way.
Post 405 IP   flag post
600803 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?