Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Plan on submitting my very first comics soon. Was wondering if the following imperfection would benefit from getting pressed. This is the back corner of my Iron Fist 14.

clickable text
Post 276 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing looks like a good candidate to me.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
How much does adding the fast pass cut down on the turnaround time for a press?

edit: Specifically for a Quickstream option* or just a general answer works.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
First if you have signed comic they dont do screening. Next if you get pressed they make you do fast and press together so you are paying 18 plus 40 for graded ashcans and 25 for shipping for one comic thats $83 for 1 comic. Is it worth it. Seems high
Post 279 IP   flag post
Well if you are stacking multiple services on top of each other, pressing, signature verification, fast pass, shipping only one comic instead of taking advantage of quantity shipping, yeah it's gonna be expensive. If the value of the comic doesn't warrant all those expenses then don't do that.
Post 280 IP   flag post

I had 5 signed comics. 4 to get graded and 1 Ashcan signed to be pressed and screening. The screening was denied and they will not do my comics together because pressing is not in house it is shipped elsewhere so to keep my comics together i had to deny pressed comics. That is not on the paper work till you get to a rep then they till you this is what will happen. Not good. They told me the vault is full that you have to do it sepret from your other comics. Sounds like a set up for more money
Post 281 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Do what?
Post 282 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I had 5 signed comics. 4 to get graded and 1 Ashcan signed to be pressed and screening. The screening was denied and they will not do my comics together because pressing is not in house it is shipped elsewhere so to keep my comics together i had to deny pressed comics. That is not on the paper work till you get to a rep then they till you this is what will happen. Not good. They told me the vault is full that you have to do it sepret from your other comics. Sounds like a set up for more money

You sure you heard this correctly?
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Plan on submitting my very first comics soon. Was wondering if the following imperfection would benefit from getting pressed. This is the back corner of my Iron Fist 14.

clickable text

that should be able to be fixed up and cleaned no problem
Post 284 IP   flag post
@comicsforme comics for pressing always get split onto a separate invoice if you submit them with comics not getting pressed so those comics don't get held up for 8 weeks waiting on the pressed books. It was disclosed like that from day one of the service and repeated numerous times by Steve in this thread. And CBCS pressing most certainly is in house.
Post 285 IP   flag post
I dont mind the wait. Reg comics take 3 to 4 months were press comics take 8 weeks. If press is in house it seems my comics could still be done together instead they charge another $25 more if press for shipping sepret. Plus is it true that any signed comic cannot get screening? I tried and was denied.
Post 286 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I dont mind the wait. Reg comics take 3 to 4 months were press comics take 8 weeks. If press is in house it seems my comics could still be done together instead they charge another $25 more if press for shipping sepret. Plus is it true that any signed comic cannot get screening? I tried and was denied.

No pre-screen on signed books. That has been true from the beginning.
Post 287 IP   flag post
The whole purpose of splitting orders that are getting pressed is to keep books moving. CBCS doesn't want books sitting in the vault for 8 weeks waiting for other books to come out of pressing. That is smart logistics, not CBCS trying to screw people on shipping.

The best bet for people is to just do your pressing invoices separately from the get go, and wait until you have enough books per invoice to save on shipping.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
hey Steve, 9.8 got dropped on its corner will it press out?
Post 289 IP   flag post
@Jeremy_K did color get broken?
Post 290 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
I can't see any breaks in color. but its the tip of the corner.
Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Not trying to be impatient but curious how long it usually takes to kick out a second invoice for the screening/pressing service after CBCS receives it.
Post 292 IP   flag post
#Soon.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
#Soon.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ahhhh sure you have wicked sence of humour so you have Darth
Post 294 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Not trying to be impatient but curious how long it usually takes to kick out a second invoice for the screening/pressing service after CBCS receives it.

lol

jk
Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea when CBCS will be adding the cleaning/pressing option on the submission form? I am slowly getting off the grading fence and prepping my very first submission of books to be graded but would like to have them cleaned/pressed first.
Post 296 IP   flag post

Post 297 IP   flag post
What do the New York Yankees and pancakes have in common?
Post 298 IP   flag post
They both need a good Batter.
Post 299 IP   flag post
How do elves eat their pancakes?
Post 300 IP   flag post
@DarthLego oh go on if you must......pray tell😎
Post 301 IP   flag post
In Short Stacks
Post 302 IP   flag post
Groooaaannnnnn......I knew I shouldn't have asked 😜
Post 303 IP   flag post
How do you make a pancake smile?
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Butter it up?
Post 305 IP   flag post
601333 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?