Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Grading Help needed186

Collector Jonathan84 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a book coming that has defects on it. Im a noob when it comes to grading. So I need the expertise of some of you.
The back cover has a small tear left side middle of cover, possible chip top middle of back cover and first page interior has small triangular piece missing
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
There are a lot of factors when it comes to determining a books actual grade, we would have to see detailed pics of front and back to really give you any kind of an idea on grade.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Brubaker private msg quote post Address this user

What do I win?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
There are a lot of factors when it comes to determining a books actual grade, we would have to see detailed pics of front and back to really give you any kind of an idea on grade.

This
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
pics didnt go through with my original post for some reason
Post 6 IP   flag post
Appears to be in the VG range. Looks like pretty nice page quality
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
I will preface this by saying that I am not an actual grader but a long-time collector and heavy CBCS/CGC submitter but based on those pics and your description, I'd say you are probably looking in the 4.0-5.0 range with White to Off-White pages...maybe even White Pages.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
I will preface this by saying that I am not an actual grader but a long-time collector and heavy CBCS/CGC submitter but based on those pics and your description, I'd say you are probably looking in the 4.0-5.0 range with White to Off-White pages...maybe even White Pages.

I agree with what I can see
4.0 -5.0
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Clintmac64 private msg quote post Address this user
When trying to learn the specifics of grading what book(s) does everyone recommend?

Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics?

Official Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide?

Something else?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Overstreet grading guide
and books that have been graded in a slab where there are no hidden defects inside. Looking at those books in auctions will give you a more understanding on grading.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintmac64
When trying to learn the specifics of grading what book(s) does everyone recommend?

Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics?

Official Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide?

Something else?

B and, as mentioned above, experience with graded books. It'll give you an idea of what defects are permissible in various grades
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have an ASM #21 in really nice shape that I am debating on sending in for grading. I think it would grade out at around a 9.2 (or even higher?), but it has a 1/2" tear in the cover at the bottom left corner that arches up to the purple box in the area between the "Who" and "Marvel" (it stops just before the color change). How much would that defect knock this book down in grade?

Post 13 IP   flag post
600442 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?