Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Why is 7 to Eternity so hot?1848

Collector Zarbongo private msg quote post Address this user
Any theories why Seven to Eternity is so hot? And don't get me wrong,I like the book. Great writer and artist. Was there a normal print run? Is there a TV/movie in the future?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user
Image, plain and simple. Image can do no wrong at this point and nearly every book becomes hot day one and the stories/characters PROGRESS; Saga, Descender, Monstress, Reborn, Black Monday Murders, Cannibal, Paper Girls, and just this week God Country which flew off the shelves and is an amazing read. It's all in the publisher and the faith people have in the title carrying steam for the forseeable future without useless rebooting/relaunching/relabeling.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
When I picked it up I was told it could be the next Star Wars, you know, a new space adventure story blah blah
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector uhussein92 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see the hype, the art is amazing but I wasn't a fan of the writing and i normally love Remender's writing
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to post about this same question yesterday. I picked up a 2nd print #1 (thought it was a 1st print) off the shelves b/c of the artwork.

It was OK but is seriously every Image #1 a hot commodity every time?

I heard Snot Girl was a hot title and well it sounds kinda silly to me...just my opinion.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Snot Girl sucks.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DoBoy private msg quote post Address this user
A few of us on some Google+ discussion sites have been asking the same questions. For many, it seems like everyone is looking for the next Saga-esque space opera.

Fiona Staples and BKV have hit it out of the park with Saga. It's some of the best storytelling and art in the business right now.

On the surface, Seven to Eternity has the potential to follow that success (creator-owned book, great writer, amazing artist).

Currently, the prices are inflated by speculators selling to speculators, so I'm just waiting for the dust to settle.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
There seems to be a subset of collectors trading new IP books like they are stock shares on the Dow. Like DoBoy said, speculators selling to speculators. I'd go the digital route if you are just looking to check a story out without market risk.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
The story is soooooooo good. Easily the best modern out right now, and it's not close.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I have the first 4 issues. Debating on whether to get rid of them or ride it out and see what happens with the series
Post 10 IP   flag post
598060 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?