Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Anyone else send in an order for 20% off?1838

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else put together an order to get the 20% off discount? Mine just went out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Sure did!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Mine went out at 9AM this morning, 10 modern books

I had a pile more to do, but sadly I didn't get them back in time from being pancaked and thus I could not send them in yet
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
About a week ago.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
I did the same thing, just mailed off 10 books this am
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I sent off 12 books last week. I MIGHT send off another 6 tomorrow but I'm wrestling between that, a book I want to buy, and saving up for my vacation
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I sent 7 reg and later 5 signed. I should be getting 12 signed comics this month. I had full.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I chose to exchange the savings I would have and to eliminate the shipping costs....I'm heading to the ABQ Con for hand deliveries and SS witnessing!!

Oh yeah....I came across an Infinity Gauntlet one.....that looks to be about 9.6....gonna have it signed by George Perez and Joe Rubenstein.....and while I am visiting the CBCS booth, give them a couple of other signed books to move into the Red Label world....

Harbinger 1 (1991) - signed by Lapham - grade expected is 8.5
Shadowhawk 1 - signed by Valentino - grade expected is 9.6

Rai #0 - no signature, but an awesome looking book - possibly 9.6+....not quite sure yet....I'll be happy with anything for this one....*smiles*....

...and debating if I should submit a couple of OA to put under glass.

I'm looking forward to a long relationship with CBCS....and this one is a good start I think.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I've got to get moving. Have a bunch of candidates I'd like to send in.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, what does CBCS do with the materials customers use to pack their books, like mylars and backing boards? My assumption is that it keeps them or tosses them, since it would be a pain to return it all.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
I've got to get moving. Have a bunch of candidates I'd like to send in.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, what does CBCS do with the materials customers use to pack their books, like mylars and backing boards? My assumption is that it keeps them or tosses them, since it would be a pain to return it all.

You don't get them back but iv always wondered what happens to all the boards and mylars myself they have to have a ton. Maybe it's just a perk of working there free bags n boards lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 10 books last week. I used my two 2-day modern coupons from my Bronze membership for two of the books (IF 14 and GS X-Men 1) and applied the discount to the other eight (one GA/Atomic Age DC and 7 SA Marvels). They have been received and are now in processing.

Right now I am packing up another 14 SA comics to ship tomorrow (on Friday the 13th!) to take advantage of the discount one more time. It takes me over an hour to pack up books: double-boxed, lots of bubble-wrap, extra cardboard, and even little air bags.

Because of shipping expenses, I think the best number of books to ship is either 10 or 14/15. What do you guys think?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
They just received my order today:

Hulk 180
Hulk 181
Hulk 182
Marvel Super-Heroes 13
NYX 3
NYX 4
Wolverine 102.5 signed edition
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
15 books were delivered today according to USPS.

Mix from Silver on up. 1st Annihilus, 1st Kazar (of 2nd version), 1st Mephisto, 1st Wrecker, couple of Spidey Sunburst Variants, Witchblade #1

.... few more tossed in.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector mPoore private msg quote post Address this user
oh yeah, sent out 15 books that was received last week.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
They just received my order today:

Hulk 180
Hulk 181
Hulk 182
Marvel Super-Heroes 13
NYX 3
NYX 4
Wolverine 102.5 signed edition

I sent in 8 books -
Hulk 181
Tale of Suspense 45
The Avengers 4
Daredevil 158
Werewolf by Night 32
Green Lantern 59
2 x New Mutants 87
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
5, 15, 20,25,30

Sending two stacks of 20 tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I submitted 10 books last week. I used my two 2-day modern coupons from my Bronze membership for two of the books (IF 14 and GS X-Men 1) and applied the discount to the other eight (one GA/Atomic Age DC and 7 SA Marvels). They have been received and are now in processing.

Right now I am packing up another 14 SA comics to ship tomorrow (on Friday the 13th!) to take advantage of the discount one more time. It takes me over an hour to pack up books: double-boxed, lots of bubble-wrap, extra cardboard, and even little air bags.

Because of shipping expenses, I think the best number of books to ship is either 10 or 14/15. What do you guys think?

Post 16 IP   flag post
@Despain
On your Wolverine 102.5, is there a holographic sticker on the cover to denote it as a signed edition? An LCS has a copy that is like that.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
My ten book submission.
1.Amazing Spider-Man #46
2.Amazing Spider-Man #97 Signed Stan Lee
3.Amazing Spider-Man #252 Signed Stan Lee
4.Batman #386
5.Black Panther #1
6.Invincible Iron Man #7
7.Marvel Zombies #1 Signed Arthur Suydam
8.New Mutants #98
9.Secret Wars #8
10.Wolverine #1

Ps. How about that pressing info guys? Still no update?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping to tomorrow. Waiting on some books to come in the mail, but it doesn't look like they'll be here tomorrow.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Not as impressive as some of the others:

1. Batman 428
2. Bloodshot 1 - sold a 9.8 for $65
3. Deadpool 1 (2008)
4. Doom Patrol 1 Gold Foil Convention Exclusive
5. Suicide Squad 1 Foil Convention Exclusive
6. Rai 0
7. Animosity 1 Diamond Retailer Exclusive
8. New Xmen 128
9. 4 Kids Walk into a Bank Retailer Exclusive - Signed by Matthew Rosenburg
10. Walking Dead 1 - Austin Wizard World Rob Guilory cover. Signed by Rob and Robert Kirkman
11. Walking Dead 19 - Peru edition signed by Robert Kirkman

All signatures will be red label and were sent with 2 blue labels so the whole order wouldn't be held back for signature verification.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Well my five

GI Joe #1
GI Joe special missions #1
Walking dead #33
Walking dead #1 Cynthiana edition
Walking dead #93 expo varient
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Mine was mostly taking care of some holdover signatures that still needed submitting and some dupicate Harleys that I'll sell off

Spider Woman #1 Siya Oum Cover
Squirrel Girl #1 Siya Oum Cover
Secret Wars #8 Siya Oum Cover
(all three signed by Siya Oum)

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe first Print - signed by Garth Ennis

Miracleman 2 Frank cho cover - Signed by Frank Cho

Spider Woman Authentix (previously sketched) - signed by Bart Sears and John Romita Jr

2 Harley #1 Babs Tar B&W covers
2 Harley #1 Philip Tan Color covers
2 Harley #1 Philip Tan B&W covers
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@Despain
On your Wolverine 102.5, is there a holographic sticker on the cover to denote it as a signed edition? An LCS has a copy that is like that.

Yes sir it does. I ordered it new back in 1996. I also have the COA, but I know it doesn't help, so I sent it in for the red label.

Post 23 IP   flag post
So what's the preferred method of shipping and what are the costs associated for each method, if you know off the top of your head?

I saw the FedEx slip above, but I was thinking of sending in via USPS priority mail since I can fit a bunch in a midsized box.

At least that was my plan, but I didn't have time to vet all of the books I wanted to send in so I'm not sure I'll be able to take advantage of the 20% discount.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
@jrs

I use USPS all the time you can use their box at a flat fee or your own box 2 day priority shipping then they weigh it
Post 25 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I also use USPS priority mail to ship to CBCS or to someone that buys or trades comics with me. The flat rate medium 2-day priority mail is $13.45, and you have to pay extra for insurance (it only comes with $50 included at the base price). There is also a medium 2-day priority mail non-flat rate box (sometimes called a shirt box) that is just a little smaller than the flat rate box. You have to ask for it at the counter, but they will be glad to give you several if you ask them. The flat rate boxes are on a display so just grab them when you need them. If your package only contains a few comics and is not traveling long distances, you can save a couple of dollars using the non-flat rate box. I always put the comics in a box or Gemini holder first, then bubble wrap that box before placing it into the USPS box. There should be no movement of any of the contents. When shipping a stack of valuable comics to CBCS, I have also added extra protection in the form of an extra internal layer of cardboard. Better safe than sorry.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Thanks for the input. Makes sense.

And return shipping from CBCS is based on a set price?
Post 27 IP   flag post
@jrs
I send books to CBCS via USPS Priority Mail. I usually have FedEx bring them back. USPS Registered Mail tends to sit at the post office for an extra 4 days before making its way back to me.

@Despain
Cool, thank you. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it because I didn't know if the sticker was part of it or like how Neal Adams will slap a sticker on a book hr signs. If the store still has it, I may pick it up this weekend.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info. So I just checked my email from CBCS regarding the discount and it says:

"Holiday discount is not offered on dealer or membership priced submissions"

I was thinking of signing up for a bronze membership, but does this mean that the 20 percent discount is NOT applied to bronze (or other) member prices?

My sense based on everyone's postings is that the discount is applied to whatever your membership level is, but the email I received leads me to believe otherwise.

Thanks again for all of the input. Very useful.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure what you are talking about. Is there a 20% discount offer going on right now?
Post 30 IP   flag post
600771 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?