The Avengers 4
Daredevil 158
Werewolf by Night 32
Green Lantern 59
2 x New Mutants 87

Excellent selection! 👍🏻
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Do you guys think this one is worthy of putting in plastic forever?

"Zen" - you feel it right?

:o)

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
.No grade screening; I'm living on the edge.

I don't see the real value in grade screening personally. You paid all this $ to send them down and ship them back...after screening fees you might save $10 per book...but I'd rather spend the $10 and have them encapsulated/preserved. And I can move it much easier on eBay regardless of the grade and make back that $10 easy...an encapsulated book nearly always sells for $10 higher than the same grade just bagged. my experience. Plus they just look so nice in the holders!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio, I tend to agree, although I am completely unsure of how certain of my books will grade.

I submitted an FF49 with a small tape pull (I bought it like that), but an otherwise nice book. I also submitted a few other books with some minor issues, but tried to stay away from sending anything that had visible imperfections that I believed could be remedied by pressing (mostly because I'm not sure I want to have anything pressed yet).

Grade Screening could have allowed me to simply reject stabbing if the books didn't meet my criteria, but I figured it takes the fun out of the process -- at least for my first submission.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Submitted 5 comics post marked 1/13. So far they have not applied my discount. I asked the to add pressing to my order (2 comics) and without telling me they split up my order..so I'm not sure that this disqualified me because now I have less than 5 comics on two invoices...plus I'm now getting charged double the shipping because I have two separate invoices. Anyone else having issues with this 20% offer?
Post 55 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio You never actually see the discount on the invoice. When your card is charged, they charge you the discounted rate.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Thanks...will check it out. Still not thrilled the order was split in two.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I also inquired about the discount because the order status does not reflect it, but it may be that they charged my credit card properly anyway.

Hopefully they can re-combine your order for the purpose of shipping, Drogio.
Post 58 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

My invoice was changed as well, then charged incorrectly, now fixed incorrectly with billing still wrong. Oh and of course I forgot to tell them the discount wasnt applied to what they did charge me card for 👌🏻..

They need IT help badly.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine went in fine, but they charge you the non-member rate and then apply the discount (as stated in the offer not good on the member rate). So for 10 books it saved me about $18. Not as much as I would have hoped, but still a free book that I was going to have graded.

For people who have paid to be members they should at least you give you the 20% off the member rate or make it 25% because you are a member.

And then again, I guess they don't have to offer any holiday discounts and we would still be sending books in anyway...
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Not with the 20% per say..but the split order, yes.....I just called and asked them to hold on to the books until all were ready to ship and to send as one unit. they were good about it.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

My invoice was changed as well, then charged incorrectly, now fixed incorrectly with billing still wrong. Oh and of course I forgot to tell them the discount wasnt applied to what they did charge me card for 👌🏻..

They need IT help badly.

I guess I am okay, since I paid in advance at the CBCS booth.

Is there any record of me getting another invoice after all is said and done?

Or do I expect an addtional charge to show up?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Submitted 5 comics post marked 1/13. So far they have not applied my discount. I asked the to add pressing to my order (2 comics) and without telling me they split up my order..so I'm not sure that this disqualified me because now I have less than 5 comics on two invoices...plus I'm now getting charged double the shipping because I have two separate invoices. Anyone else having issues with this 20% offer?

Call them. My invoice in my order section states a different total than what was actually charged. They took the 20% off on the charge.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I called this morning and apparently when you request pressing it is going to be two separate invoices...and therefore you will be charged return shipping for each invoice. The customer service person (Zach) explained this was consistent with how they were doing things before with their contracted presser. This being my first submission did not realize this.

Regardless...they said they understood my confusion and this will be clearer when its officially up on running...and to call them/email them when I get the notice the pressings have been completed and they could likely re-combine the order into one shipment. I think I'm one of the first to be pressed...so mine may actually get through faster than the quoted 3-4 weeks.

Didn't get into the 20%. Will address that when I call about recombining the order. Either way, sounds like they're working with me while they work through the kinks themselves which is good.
Post 64 IP   flag post
598088 64 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?