Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@newcomics I might add that although absolutely hilarious, I dont think you deserved how this conversation went just for asking what I based my opinion on.

Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around more
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
While I wish it were true, I disagree with a lot of opinion on this thread, specifically claims that CBCS slabs will hold more value than CGC over time. Truth is I think none of us will know. Time will tell, but currently that is not the case... In my personal experience, all my CBCS books went for significantly less than market value, or CGC previous ebay sales by comparison. I'm not bitter about it, just disappointed I didn't get the sales I expected. That, and I ended up giving away some books and even going in the red on several. High profits on other books soften the blow but lesson learned. Take heed. Only experience, not opinion.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I second with @kaptainmyke The last six months all the CBCS books I purchased sold for at a minimum of $50-$75 less per their CGC counterparts. I do have to say that the CBCS graded books, especially the 9.8's / 9.6's look incredibly better than the CGC 9.8's / 9.6's

People stay with what's familiar too them. For the time being CGC is what's familiar and that's where the higher prices currently sit...
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
I second with @kaptainmyke The last six months all the CBCS books I purchased sold for at a minimum of $50-$75 less per their CGC counterparts. I do have to say that the CBCS graded books, especially the 9.8's / 9.6's look incredibly better than the CGC 9.8's / 9.6's

People stay with what's familiar too them. For the time being CGC is what's familiar and that's where the higher prices currently sit...

I'm a collector and rarely ever sell. It's even more rare for me to "flip" a book. I'm ok with what you said ;-)
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke @mattness

I agree with that, the prices (especially moderns) seem to be a bit lower for sure.

However I do stick to my speculation that over time the scales will tip.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewComics
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewComics
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtimmyp
I definitely want to keep for my PC and not flip. Do you think a CGC 9.8 will keep its value a much as a CBCS 9.8 or should I wait.

From what I've seen so far, CBCS has good integrity and a knack for finding every flaw on a book. I would bet CBCS holds better value over time...

What do you base this opinion on?

His own

He's basing his own opinion on his own opinion?

Yep
Post 31 IP   flag post
600898 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?