Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
The old thread is locked, but I wanted to let you know that the people from Comic Skin contacted me about the new clips. They are now made from a rubberized plastic and aren't brittle anymore. I received a sample, and they are so much better.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Nice. Hey, did anyone ever get around to PH testing their plastic?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Post 3 IP   flag post
This product has so much promise, but I feel they are still way over priced at $15 a piece. Especially when I can get a book CBCS graded starting at $16.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
This product has so much promise, but I feel they are still way over priced at $15 a piece. Especially when I can get a book CBCS graded starting at $16.

yeah i liked the idea myself , but the cost is just to high to make sense , id slow track a CBCS book before spending more on this sorry. im thinking they need to hit the $9.99 pricepoint for it to make sense
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Not quite the same product, but I used to love the old Mill Cases. Unfortunately, the Container Store near me stopped selling the 5 packs ($20), so the only option became to buy them from the official site 50 at a time. The other minor issue was that the book cover would often static cling to thefront so you had to be careful when opening it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Will those fit comics inside mylar? Do you have any pictures of those in use from your collection?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DarthLego I've never tried it with a mylar but if you're like me and you use Standard-sized sleeves instead of Current-sized sleeves for modern books then they probably won't fit. A current sleeve MIGHT fit into the modern-sized Mill case. I haven't tried any of ther other Mill Case sizes.

I stopped buying them once the store stopped carrying them since $300 is a bit too much for me to drop on cases at one time

I'm at work so i don't have access to my books but I do have this one on my phone

Post 8 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite how well do they stay closed? Any danger of them coming open when you don't want them to?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DarthLego That was never really an issue but I've never tossed them around to test them.

If anything, the hinges, like cd cases they're based on, are the major weak point and can crack or break off if they take a sufficient blow. This has never impacted the book inside since the book is held in a well-shapes recess and should the hinges break, they'll do so outside of the well.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601362 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?