Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

The NEW CBCS Label is LIVE!1774

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim and @dielinfinite - When I got this today, I was happy with the new label, but disappointed to see no mention of RI Comic Con.

Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps @SteveRicketts will chime in and tell us why the change?
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Hmmm, I'm not a big fan of the new wording "Witnessed Sig:" since it seems a bit redundant with the Yellow Label which itself means the signatures are witnessed.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite The new label doesn't say Authentic Signature Series on top, so that's probably why. They have to consider that customers who don't know what the color code means could be looking at the slab in a shop or at a con.
Post 54 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The new label doesn't say Authentic Signature Series on top, so that's probably why. They have to consider that customers who don't know what the color code means could be looking at the slab in a shop or at a con.

This is correct. The verbiage is no longer at the top of the label, but even when it was it wasn't easy to understand for our customers who are newer to collecting CBCS graded comics.

When we launched the new label, we wanted to eliminate any confusion associated with signatures on the book, and make it easier to understand the differences in them. We chose to go with new, easier to understand verbiage on the signature lines. Going forward "Witnessed Sigs:" will proceed all signatures that were witnessed, and "Verified Sigs"" will proceed all signatures that have been authenticated.

This actually solves a few problems for us. It makes it easy to understand, and it allows us to get more text into those lines, which is very much needed when doing books with multiple signatures.

As for the removal of the location; we've been wanting to do this for quite a while and the formatting change allowed us a chance to do it. The reasoning is this, locations, especially multiple location, takes up a lot of room on the signature information lines. It is also a time consuming effort for us to research the locations, dates of the locations, spelling of the locations, is it "Comic Con," "Comicon," "ComiCon," etc. Over the course of a year we spend a LOT of time with the location text. Time that could be better spent grading and encapsulating more books to help get the turnaround times faster.

We realize they are cool to have, but they really are a lot of work for us to maintain and keep consistent.
Post 55 IP   flag post

@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve!
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@SpiderTim and @dielinfinite - When I got this today, I was happy with the new label, but disappointed to see no mention of RI Comic Con.

That's still a great book!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
It is unfortunate that "Witnessed Signature" or "Verified Signature" can't be listed in full. Don't get me wrong I love the new label, but "Witnessed Sig" Sounds like a really bad underground band name. Just my opinion but "Witnessed Signature" or "Verified Signature" sounds and looks better and by the looks of the label there is room for both words to be spelled out completely.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
How about just having "Witnessed" and "Verified" Pretty clear cut and you save three more spaces on the label. "Witnessed Sig" sounds extremely uneducated.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
As for the removal of the location; we've been wanting to do this for quite a while and the formatting change allowed us a chance to do it. The reasoning is this, locations, especially multiple location, takes up a lot of room on the signature information lines. It is also a time consuming effort for us to research the locations, dates of the locations, spelling of the locations, is it "Comic Con," "Comicon," "ComiCon," etc. Over the course of a year we spend a LOT of time with the location text. Time that could be better spent grading and encapsulating more books to help get the turnaround times faster.

I thought this had to be correctly filled in the submission form by the witnesses I personally looked up the right spelling of the venue were I obtained signatures so that CBCS would just copy that info from my submission form. But other than that all the space said info takes is extensive and for multiple signatures I totally understand that needs to go seeing as how I just submitted one book with 37 witnessed signatures!
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim 37 signatures !!! You know you don't have to have the artist's family sign the book too
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
@SpiderTim 37 signatures !!! You know you don't have to have the artist's family sign the book too

Its the Baltimore Comic-Con 2016 Program with some signatures of attendees! No biggie I have older programs with over 60 signatures on them. Its a great memory of each show for me!
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Gorgeous.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@zosocane - Thanks, I think it looks pretty good too!
Post 64 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea if 9.9 and 10 remain black letters, or did those grades get upgraded font?
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Hellshrike private msg quote post Address this user

I have the new font but the highest grade I have so far is 9.8
Post 66 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my first batch of the new label, I'M LOVIN' IT! They are so sweet it makes me want to re-slab te rest of my collection dammit 😣
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Tv's my 11st subs on the new label...I like it....I now don't have to fiddle my eyes to see the holo.

Nice. Thanks!
Post 68 IP   flag post
598020 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?