Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper Age

Mail Call!!!1764

Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Got 3rd group of comics (bulk of them) back from CBCS and happiest about these two - didn't realize they are 2nd printing, but I thought they were absolute beauties and would have been disappointed with any other grade (well, not a 9.9 or 10).

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
For some reason - and I really don't know why.....but many of these 2nd and 3rd and 4th printings are becoming a sore thumb to me.

Why would they have more value than the original printing?

IMO - new cover art and a limited print run is the reason.

This shows that people are more interested in what they can look at, instead of the story.

Why?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
For some reason - and I really don't know why.....but many of these 2nd and 3rd and 4th printings are becoming a sore thumb to me. Why would they have more value than the original printing?

I have a friend that collects later printings. He says he does it because (1) he doesn't have to get into the bidding wars / rush for 1st prints (2) later printings usually have a lower print run = rarity (3)he thinks that over time, the later printings will hold their value because they aren't as sought after, so they won't be protected / saved like 1st prints.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
@VaComicsGuy
I love to pick high grade copies of later printings for those same reasons.
Everybody treats them like trash, so high grade copies can be difficult to find.
Certain books can have higher print runs for second prints, like TWD, so I wouldn't go for them, I'd go for later prints that might have lesser population.
As far as later prints with different covers, I'll not pay a premium for them, but I might choose a better looking cover over a lesser print run.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user

Just came in the mail today.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
That is so weird....I have this signed book I came across, and you just helped me identify the signer....

Ostrander.

:0)

Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
598099 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?