Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

So....How do you like the forum here....176

Collector Forbush-man private msg quote post Address this user
I like the vibe and energy here a lot, but the way the threads work is a real headache. Hopefully it will be closer to a UBB chatboard or get a little more user friendly down the road.
Post 276 • IP   flag post
Collector DetroitMike private msg quote post Address this user
DetroitMike is in the building!
Post 277 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet
why was the 20% off thread locked?


Stay tuned to this bat channel, new announcement coming soon.


bump
Post 278 • IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet
why was the 20% off thread locked?


Stay tuned to this bat channel, new announcement coming soon.


bump


Did you miss it Psi???

http://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/576/page/1/20-off-cgcs-new-case-regrading-deadline/#15
Post 279 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I did, thanks
Post 280 • IP   flag post


Collector sterlingcomics private msg quote post Address this user
The biggest thing for me I don't like is the fact that you have to use tags instead of having sections within the forum, and the fact that the forum is restricted into the column width it is using.

Other than that, Bring on the emoticons.
Post 281 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I know the forum is low on the priority list, and that's fine, but there has been an increase in for sale threads, and that's also fine, but if it continues those sub forums will really be needed.
Post 282 • IP   flag post
#GLOM DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Forum needs more vampires, it's lonely in here at night.
Post 283 • IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
This forum is not working out.

Thread's that are 3 months old are already archived? That's terrible.

Actually leaving the site to google when doing a search? Also terrible.

I know it's not a priority, but honestly, it's a PITA
Post 284 • IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
I'v collected comics since, the early 70's when a family friend and ironically our mailman gave me my first batch of books. By the way, we got a new mailman and our old mailman and friend was Steve Geppi. I was just a kid back then and have been forever thankful that he introduced me to this fantastic hobby. I could also tell that Steve was a lot happier dealing comic books than delivering the mail. Over the years I've bought and sold quite a few books. I've been a CGC member since 2008. Lurked their forum as well as many others, but with this forum I actually talked to other collectors. I don't know exactly why. It just seems to have a different feel/good vibe about it. Some of the "other" forums dedicated to our hobby have come across course and quite frankly, unwelcoming (especially as time went on). Those are just my humble observations. This forum my not be perfect "yet", but it has gotten this old collector and lover of this hobby/way of life to get off the observation sidelines and actually interact with others of like interest. And for that I say, thanks and wish this forum a long life!
Post 285 • IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwilli
I'v collected comics since, the early 70's when a family friend and ironically our mailman gave me my first batch of books. By the way, we got a new mailman and our old mailman and friend was Steve Geppi. I was just a kid back then and have been forever thankful that he introduced me to this fantastic hobby. I could also tell that Steve was a lot happier dealing comic books than delivering the mail. Over the years I've bought and sold quite a few books. I've been a CGC member since 2008. Lurked their forum as well as many others, but with this forum I actually talked to other collectors. I don't know exactly why. It just seems to have a different feel/good vibe about it. Some of the "other" forums dedicated to our hobby have come across course and quite frankly, unwelcoming (especially as time went on). Those are just my humble observations. This forum my not be perfect "yet", but it has gotten this old collector and lover of this hobby/way of life to get off the observation sidelines and actually interact with others of like interest. And for that I say, thanks and wish this forum a long life!
Good Captain, you are not alone in returning to the fold. That you have found a place to share your thoughts and comics passion is always good. This place is not perfect but with additions like yours it is going in the correct direction.
Post 286 • IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
Much thanks for the encouragement and looking forward to it!
Post 287 • IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! Quick suggestion: if you're going to lock a thread, it would probably be better to just delete it or delete posts that step over your line. Locking a thread, and denying the opportunity for further response, gives the appearance (however unintentionally) of supporting whatever "side" happened to get the "last word." I know that's not the case, but that is the appearance that results.

It's much fairer to just delete the entire thing, OR delete those particular posts that cross a line. I imagine someone calling someone else a "dick" would be an example of that.

Thanks!
Post 288 • IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
It's much fairer to just delete the entire thing, OR delete those particular posts that cross a line. I imagine someone calling someone else a "dick" would be an example of that


That particular post has been deleted
Post 289 • IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks.
Post 290 • IP   flag post
Collector Icculus private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings. I didn't see a formal introduction thread so this one seems as good an option as others. This is my first post on the forum. I'm just getting back into comics after about 15 years. I collected some in the late 80's and early 90's and then other priorities took over. I'm not exactly sure what sparked it but about a month ago I had the urge to get back into the scene and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself so far. Discovering some new stories; catching up on others and restarting the collection. Unfortunately my previous collection; though extremely small; is gone so I'm starting from scratch. Not sure if they got thrown out from the parents, lost in a move or what. Oh well; no sense getting bent out of shape about it now. Just excited to be getting back into the hobby, acquiring new stuff and replacing a few things from the past.

I joined this forum after reading a bit about the all the grading of comics now. CBCS seemed like a stand-up company and also I read/saw the horror stories about the new CGC cases. I realize that I will never make any money off comics (most likely will lose money) but I appreciate them as art in addition to the stories and the collector mentality I have--carried over from other hobbies as well--demands that I keep my collections in pristine shape. For the most part that will mean Mylar bags and boards but if/when I do decide to get things graded; the last thing I want is the case that at best making my comics looks like crap (Newton rings) and and at worst bending them up and destroying them (wave effect). From what I've seen so far CBCS seems like the best option for preservation and industry recognition.

Since this thread was specifically about how do you like the forum I'll say that from what I've seen so far most of the people are both very friendly and very informed. Some of you have some amazing books that I've seen posted and have given me ideas about titles to look at that I was not even aware of. I do have to say the layout of the forum is a bit confusing though. Its unlike any of the other various forums I'm a member of in that there doesn't appear to be sections and sub-forums based on topic but instead a running stream of consciousness of unrelated threads. I guess I'm just used to vBulletin but its a little awkward. Anyway, this is getting long winded so I'll just end with Hi and I hope to learn a lot. Cheers.
Post 291 • IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
A Frequently asked Question Thread would be nice.

With links to the question being answered on another thread.
Post 292 • IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
I wish old threads wouldn't be archived.
Post 293 • IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
Meh
Post 294 • IP   flag post
Collector thebrain private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for my total confussion here, just now became a registered

user to this fourm.
Post 295 • IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Hi! Quick suggestion: if you're going to lock a thread, it would probably be better to just delete it or delete posts that step over your line. Locking a thread, and denying the opportunity for further response, gives the appearance (however unintentionally) of supporting whatever "side" happened to get the "last word." I know that's not the case, but that is the appearance that results.

It's much fairer to just delete the entire thing, OR delete those particular posts that cross a line. I imagine someone calling someone else a "dick" would be an example of that.

Thanks!


Maybe we need a LTPC here
Post 296 • IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@Jerkfro No we don't
Post 297 • IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Hi! Quick suggestion: if you're going to lock a thread, it would probably be better to just delete it or delete posts that step over your line. Locking a thread, and denying the opportunity for further response, gives the appearance (however unintentionally) of supporting whatever "side" happened to get the "last word." I know that's not the case, but that is the appearance that results.

It's much fairer to just delete the entire thing, OR delete those particular posts that cross a line. I imagine someone calling someone else a "dick" would be an example of that.

Thanks!


Maybe we need a LTPC here

Maybe you need to shut your pie hole!
Post 298 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
This forum needs more Jennifer.



Post 299 • IP   flag post
#GLOM DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 300 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't mean any Jennifer.


Jennifer "Betty" Connelly.


Post 301 • IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Hi! Quick suggestion: if you're going to lock a thread, it would probably be better to just delete it or delete posts that step over your line. Locking a thread, and denying the opportunity for further response, gives the appearance (however unintentionally) of supporting whatever "side" happened to get the "last word." I know that's not the case, but that is the appearance that results.

It's much fairer to just delete the entire thing, OR delete those particular posts that cross a line. I imagine someone calling someone else a "dick" would be an example of that.

Thanks!


Maybe we need a LTPC here

Maybe you need to shut your pie hole!


But... but... then how will the pie get in my mouth?
Post 302 • IP   flag post
#GLOM DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS I support all the Jennifers.
Post 303 • IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
@Revelations The site designer has been working on it diligently. I can't give you a specific release date, however.


Any progress?
Post 304 • IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
@Revelations The site designer has been working on it diligently. I can't give you a specific release date, however.


Any progress?



Post 305 • IP   flag post
139144 404 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute