Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Signature / Autograph identification Thread172

Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Maybe not the best solution but what about capturing images of the signatures and adding them to the grader's notes page for the book like you do with the image option?

This is a very good suggestion! I hope you can post it in the Suggestions thread, so it can get the attention it needs... Or just e-mail CBCS directly.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! I'll drop them a line in the morning.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone recognise this signature? Got this sketch in a mystery box about a year ago, never seen the dig before.

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
There should be enough room on the back of the label if there is only one signature or maybe even two. I would rather see the autograph than know the name of the story or what ads were in the book.
This has been talked about in the office but isn't something we're able to do currently.

Maybe not the best solution but what about capturing images of the signatures and adding them to the grader's notes page for the book like you do with the image option?

I also suggested to CBCS earlier this year to snap a digital photo of the page with the autograph and put a URL code on the back of the book that you can scan and be sent to a page with the image. I also like the idea of attaching the image of the autograph to the graders notes. "Signed on 1st page"
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Here ya go guys feel free to use this as a guide to help you authenticate your signatures.
I stood in front of each one of these people and had them sign this, so I know absolutely for certain beyond all doubt that these signatures are 100% authentic.
These were all acquired on August 8 1992 at this event.

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
That's great, @The_Curmudgeon . Could you please provide a "legend" as to who's who in that page?
Would be a good reference for all future Signature identifications.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Top left to bottom right:
Alan Grant
Reed Waller & Kate Worley
Denis Kitchen
Bob Burden
Robert Crumb
Frank Gresham
Sergio Aragones
Daniel Clowes
Tex Henson
Peter Bagge
Al Williamson
Jamie Hernandez(Xaime)
Archie Goodwin
Kerry Gammill

Here are some more examples from the same day.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all,

I bought a lot of signed comics Aspen comics. While trying to Identify the signatures on this Book Michael Turners Fathom Dawn of War #1C cover I am stuck on this signature. I know Michael Signature but I cannot figure out this signature on the bottom. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Post 33 IP   flag post
601262 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?