Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

Price Drops1671

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
JLS recently posted something that got me thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
new52 Batman #1 has been dropping like a rock and I don't think it's hit bottom yet. That was "The" book to have however now I would just pick up what you're interested in and not be worried about value retention. If you do, you'll be disappointed.

One book I've recently noticed dropping was the Harley Quinn Rebirth Dell'Otto pink cover, which originally retailed at $50 but soon jumped to $200+ and was became the most expensive Harley book to come out of the Rebirth launch.

I'e noticed that book cooling down quite a bit recently, even seeing some BIN listings below $150 and one copy go for as $70 in the past week. I'm glad to see this one cooling off. I missed it at retail but the novelty of being colored slightly differently from the Dell'Otto color variant was hardly enough for me to pay an inflated price for it.

What other books have you noticed, are glad to see, or expect to see taking a price hit?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
B&W variants in general are due for a correction. It's getting to be as gimmicky as foil, embossed, chromium covers.

Also that Harley Quinn cover does not look good to me in ANY color.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to getting the WW38 variant at half price once the market levels for it..
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Any book that shoots up as fast as New 52 Batman 1 was bound to come down.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
B&W variants in general are due for a correction. It's getting to be as gimmicky as foil, embossed, chromium covers.

Also that Harley Quinn cover does not look good to me in ANY color.

It certainly wasn't my favorite cover of the bunch but I picked up a copy.

I'm not a fan of B&W covers when they're just taking the finished art and desaturating it, which is exactly what they did with this Harley:

That said, I'm more accepting of inked covers and actual sketch covers where you can see the rough pencil work since I like to see the process. Unfortunately a lot of places like to use "sketch cover" interchangeably to refer any of the three.

I was excited that we might've gotten one of these "in the process" covers for the Dell'Otto Harley since Bulletproof was using the following art in its listing but it ended up just being desaturated art.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting on Batman Adventures #12 to slide back towards me. 2000 seemed to be the cooling off point. I've seen 9.8s offered at 15 and 1600 in the last couple weeks.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga I feel the same way about all these three pack orders. Regular, negative and black and white? I feel like it's just a cheap way to make fast cash. Just flooding the market with so many variants.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Oh man, negatives are the worst. They look like they're made by some teenager that just discovered photoshop
Post 8 IP   flag post
598060 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?