Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

New to how grading works, please help1668

Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, I am a newbie to the grading / slabbing world. I have a few questions as I do not know how to correctly find the right pricing info for the comics I want to be graded.
Lets say I have a Dr Strange 169 that might be graded between 9.4 to 9.6, how do I know what to price category I should pick Quickstream or Rapid? Also if I have 5 books that I want to be graded and that there is a difference in turnaround, will CBCS ship all of the books only once all have been completed the grading process or individually?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Artu
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the world of slabbing. Quickstream v. Rapid is just the projected time it will take your books to be graded. Quickstream is at 2 weeks with any year of book, while Rapid is at 1 week. This is all dependant on you in how fast you want your book to be graded and how much you are willing to spend for it. As for the diffrent books with diffrent turn around, CBCS will hold all books till all books have been graded to be shipped unless indicated on the submission form.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Artu private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for clarifying, it makes sense
Post 3 IP   flag post
Your welcome.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Quickstream v. Rapid is just the projected time it will take your books to be graded.

This is only partially true. There is still a FMV (full market value) cap on each tier; up to $1150 for Quickstream and $4k for rapid. There is no definitive way to determine FMV other than GPA or previous ebay sales. This will either be driven off of what you put as the insured value of your book or what CBCS deems the FMV is. If CBCS determines a FMV drastically different than what you put, then they will contact you and let you know they had to bump you up to a different tier (which is usually a really good email to receive since it means your book was a higher grade than you thought). Hope that helps
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
And a good example of that is NYX#3.
$16.00 normally but in high grades a higher tier would be needed because of its FMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Quickstream v. Rapid is just the projected time it will take your books to be graded.

This is only partially true. There is still a FMV (full market value) cap on each tier; up to $1150 for Quickstream and $4k for rapid. There is no definitive way to determine FMV other than GPA or previous ebay sales. This will either be driven off of what you put as the insured value of your book or what CBCS deems the FMV is. If CBCS determines a FMV drastically different than what you put, then they will contact you and let you know they had to bump you up to a different tier (which is usually a really good email to receive since it means your book was a higher grade than you thought). Hope that helps
Post 6 IP   flag post
@RyanHicks that is true i did leave that out. That is a very important point. FMV is always tuff tonfigure out in our hobby cuz some books will fluctuate.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector mscheel15 private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to the forums here so I hope I am not breaking any of the forum rules but this looks like the right topic to be in. I am not sure what they mean under pricing when it shows "valued up to $250" etc. for the pricing structures. What is the $250.00? Is
that referring to the market value of the book and if so, is that say, overstreet NM?
Post 8 IP   flag post
598060 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?