Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Are there any 10.0 CBCS graded bronze age?1641

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if there are any 10.0 CBCS graded bronze age? I have a few 9.6's and have never seen a 10.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
If only we had a CBCS census (with page quality).

I would guess there will be some soon. Although it takes a lot of guts to send in a CGC 9.8 or better, to CBCS.

If there are any CBCS bronze age 10's. I would guess they are pedigree status.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

I would guess there will be some soon. Although it takes a lot of guts to send in a CGC 9.8 or better, to CBCS.

I just ran across a box of my old bronze age Marvel's (1977-79) untouched since then. I can honestly say 99.99% are 9.6 or better and I'll be submitting them to CBCS before the end of the year.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:

Why would you say "It would take a lot of guts to send in a CGC 9.8 or better, to CBCS."? Are you saying CGC is better or just more liberal in their grading?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
In my limited experience with CBCS, AND what I have read others say. CBCS grades just a tad bit harsher than CGC. I have a lot of experience with CGC.

But it is like the NFL. On any given day.

I just don't know why anyone with an already slabbed 9.8 bronze age book would take a chance on sending that book to be opened and regraded by another company.

Would anyone do that with a 9.9, hoping for a 10. From a different company? I don't think so.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
In my limited experience with CBCS, AND what I have read others say. CBCS grades just a tad bit harsher than CGC. I have a lot of experience with CGC.

But it is like the NFL. On any given day.

I just don't know why anyone with an already slabbed 9.8 bronze age book would take a chance on sending that book to be opened and regarded by another company.

Would anyone do that with a 9.9, hoping for a 10. From a different company? I don't think so.

I do understand your point. I've bought CGC slabbed books and CBCS slabbed books. I have found out that CBCS IS very strict while CGC is more liberal. For me I want a true or as close to the true grade. That makes CGC better for the seller and CBCS better for the buyer. Which is good to know AND CBCS is cheaper!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Idk about CBCS yet but CGC has a 1975 1st Issue Special #8, 1st Warlord at 9.9
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
Idk about CBCS yet but CGC has a 1975 1st Issue Special #8, 1st Warlord at 9.9

That's cool to know. Thank you.
Post 8 IP   flag post
598060 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?