Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop Culture

H.Rogofsky/Carbonaro Buy/Sell Event-Action 11627

Collector HippyComix private msg quote post Address this user
MICHAEL CARBONARO HUGE BUYING/SELLING EVENT IN NYC 12/10/16
PRICELESS HOWARD ROGOFSKY COLLECTION & $750K COPY OF ACTION COMICS #1 ON SALE & DISPLAY
ONE DAY ONLY: SATURDAY DECEMBER 10, 2016 IN NYC

HOWARD ROGOFSKY in collaboration with MICHAEL CARBONARO offers to the public a Once in a Lifetime Unique SALE Event - a presentation of the priceless Howard Rogofsky Comic Book and Memorabilia Collection on view and FOR SALE at the Holiday Inn, 440 West 57th Street, Manhattan, New York, Suites A & B, second floor, 10:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 10, 2016.

After more than 50 years, pioneer comic book/memorabilia maestro HOWARD ROGOFSKY, "The Father" of the modern comic book collectibles market in North America is retiring. In collaboration with the foremost expert on comic books and their values, MICHAEL CARBONARO, founder of Big Apple Con, NYC’s longest-running Pop Culture Convention, a celebration will take place on Saturday December 10th 2016. Come and join us for an incredible journey through comic book and related collectibles history as you view this astonishing private collection available and FOR SALE for the FIRST TIME EVER to the public!

MICHAEL CARBONARO, founder of Big Apple Con, NYC’s longest-running Pop Culture Convention and one of the world's leading experts on collectibles, has also acquired one of the most valuable comic books in existence! It's an amazing copy of Action Comics No. 1, the comic book that introduced Superman to the world, graded at a whopping 7.0 by Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) and is valued at over $750,000. It is estimated that only 100 copies have survived since it hit the newsstands in 1938, and this is one of the nicest and most valuable existing copies. It will be on display and for sale at the event!

Offerings from this ONCE IN A LIFETIME SALE EVENT INCLUDE:
Priceless vintage Comic Books & TV Guides from the 1940s through the 1990s
Star Trek, James Bond and more original toys and games in their original packaging
Movie & Television fan magazines from the 1930s through 2000s
Rare Books and Vinyl Records - 1940s to 1990s
Film and TV Posters, rare Photographs, Labels, Movie Memorabilia
Vintage Playboy, Playgirl, Penthouse, Hustler magazines, all years
Avengers playing cards, puzzles, playsets
Star Trek, Charlie's Angels, action figures
and much, much more, too much to list here!

Do not miss this unique buying opportunity to see a fabulous collection that is without peer!

For further information please call: 201-892-1212
or e-mail us at: pr4comix@gmail.com

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, Howard R. Saw his ads all my youth in comic books
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
This dude was at RI ComiCon a few weeks back. Breathtaking stuff 😳... But just sitting there in a shitty display like it was nothing lol

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
No doubt Howards collection is already / was cherry picked and best of the best was removed...Thoughts?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
This dude was at RI ComiCon a few weeks back. Breathtaking stuff 😳... But just sitting there in a shitty display like it was nothing lol

Quote:

Mike Carbo is the man, he is literally the hardest working comic convention promoter that I have ever met.... why ya gotta break his balls, brah?

Regarding the pic you posted, if I owned those books, they would not be displayed on a free standing comic wall.They'd be under lock and key, like Carbo had them on display.

Also, Carbo primarily attends or sets up at shows to promote his Big Apple, Eternal Con and NY WinterCon shows....not to sell books.He sells online and by appointment, at his office/warehouse in NY.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
No doubt Howards collection is already / was cherry picked and best of the best was removed...Thoughts?

Nope, Rogofsky was one of the biggest mail order dealers back in the 60's thru 80's, you have no idea

...I went to that sale, scored a couple of BA and SA keys, at very fair prices.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not breaking balls dude. If anything, the fact that comics like that were on display like that, is a testament to who he is (like its no big deal to him). If it were me I'd have bought the most flashy display I could possibly find lol, cause I'll never own comics such as those 👌🏻
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer Even though the display was bland and did not do the books justice, they are much safer in the display case than up on a wall display. Too many sticky fingers at these shows. And I don't mean the Rolling Stones Sticky fingers lol.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Oh hell I'm not saying to put it out in the open. It was just shocking to stand next to a 7.0 action1 in a plain display like that right out front like it was any other nice book.

I suppose I just had it in my head that If I ever saw a 7.0 action on display the heavens would open a nice sunbeam down and there would be a pile of fkng diamonds and glitter sprinkled all over that shit 😆😆
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Cocaine is a hell of a drug
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer You are definitely more exciting than me. Lol.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Not breaking balls dude. If anything, the fact that comics like that were on display like that, is a testament to who he is (like its no big deal to him). If it were me I'd have bought the most flashy display I could possibly find lol, cause I'll never own comics such as those 👌🏻

Gotcha
Post 12 IP   flag post
600887 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?