Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help Needed

Reholder CGC Books1501

Collector lobovike private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked up a CGC slab that has a crack so I will likely want to reholder the book. As a CBCS fan I am tempted to have them reholder it, the book will retain the grade that CGC gave it is that correct?

Of course another option would be to have CGC reholder the book, what would many of you do now that CGC has returned to using the inner well once again? Looking forward to your input, thanks again!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS would regrade the book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you, that wasn't clear from the FAQ on the website. That definitely impacts the decision!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Cgc will regrade the book as well but for the reholder fee
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

They will put it in another case for the reholder fee. If they have to regrade it due to damage, then they will charge you a grading fee.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

They will put it in another case for the reholder fee. If they have to regrade it due to damage, then they will charge you a grading fee.

Thank you! It only has a minor crack on the case so it shouldn't require re-grading. I just like the cases to be in perfect shape.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobovike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Thank you! It only has a minor crack on the case so it shouldn't require re-grading. I just like the cases to be in perfect shape.

The cgc will charge you a reholder fee. If you send it to CBCS, they will charge you a grading fee. They can't reholder something that wasn't graded by them in the first place.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600893 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?