Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

CGC Signature to CBCS Signature147

Collector NeganKilledMe private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Walking Dead #112 Image Expo Sketch Variant that is signed by Robert Kirkman and Graded a 9.8 By CGC Signature Series (Yellow Label). If i submitted the entire slab(unopened) into CBCS what label would it receive, Authentic or Verified?
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yellow.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
It would be Authentic (Yellow) Label. You can also have a CBCS Authorized Witness crack it for you and add signatures before re-submit if you would like and it will still retain yellow label. Just keep in mind, the book will be re-graded by CBCS so you are taking a gamble on losing the 9.8 (don't let that stop you if its what you want)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector NeganKilledMe private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, i'm not too worried about the grade. A lower grade is not the end of the world. I would like to get Charlie Adlards signature but that seems like it could be quite difficult to achieve. I'm just glad it does indeed transfer to the authentic signature.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeganKilledMe
Thanks, i'm not too worried about the grade. A lower grade is not the end of the world. I would like to get Charlie Adlards signature but that seems like it could be quite difficult to achieve. I'm just glad it does indeed transfer to the authentic signature.

I will be seeing him in July and I am a CBCS AW, I can get his sig added on for you if you would like. PM me if you are interested.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
We honor the witnessing of books that are CGC signature series. As long as an authorized CBCS witness is involved in the process the CGC yellow label info will transfer over to the CBCS label.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Chrizm private msg quote post Address this user
Great info to know! Thanks to the OP, as I was unaware of this too!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Soma private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
We honor the witnessing of books that are CGC signature series. As long as an authorized CBCS witness is involved in the process the CGC yellow label info will transfer over to the CBCS label.

Does this apply to cgc yellow label with sketches? Im thinking of buying a skottie young sketch but its graded 9.2

If i were to send it in to cbcs, could it obtain the yellow ART label instead? (For sketches, anything lower than a 9.4 id rather have ART label.)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yes, you can have it re-slabbed under the ART program instead and it will maintain the yellow label.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600809 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?