Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPComics Silver AgeSigning Opportunities

What I have to use for silver age comic1441

Collector mora1618 private msg quote post Address this user
I read somewhere that silver age comics suffer damages when the signature is made with a regulat sharpie so what pen is the right one?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Ball point pen on the inside first page.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I got Stan Lee to scribble over my silver age book. But it was a front cover stained under copy. No way would I have it done on a front cover better grade book and or major key

Post 3 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I also got him to sign the book because he was the writer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my Stan Lee ramble/dilemma.

He's going to be at RI Comic Con in two weeks. Stan Lee is pretty much the last link to the birth of the Marvel Age of comics and is truly an icon. This is reportedly his last trip to RI, and at his age, I don't really doubt that. I have been debating if I should pay to get a comic signed by him and if I do, which one? I'm thinking possibly the Silver Surfer one-shot from 1982. He's listed as co-writer, so his name would appear as that on the CBCS label if I had it slabbed. I don't really understand why so many people have him sign modern books that he had nothing to do with. I'd also hate to mark up a perfectly good SA Marvel with his autograph scribbled and smeared over its cover, so the Silver Surfer (or even a She-Hulk #1) seem to be a decent compromise. What would you do?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Low grade silver age book.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here's my Stan Lee ramble/dilemma.

He's going to be at RI Comic Con in two weeks. Stan Lee is pretty much the last link to the birth of the Marvel Age of comics and is truly an icon. This is reportedly his last trip to RI, and at his age, I don't really doubt that. I have been debating if I should pay to get a comic signed by him and if I do, which one? I'm thinking possibly the Silver Surfer one-shot from 1982. He's listed as co-writer, so his name would appear as that on the CBCS label if I had it slabbed. I don't really understand why so many people have him sign modern books that he had nothing to do with. I'd also hate to mark up a perfectly good SA Marvel with his autograph scribbled and smeared over its cover, so the Silver Surfer (or even a She-Hulk #1) seem to be a decent compromise. What would you do?
Nothing wrong with getting his sig on a book he co-wrote if one is into sigs. Get it if it makes you happy and you want it for your collection.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
What would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Ball point pen on the inside first page.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I also like She Hulk #1. Has a lot of up side to it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
596794 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?