Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsGrading Help Needed

CBCS grading & restoration panels at Cons...143

President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
....Would you show up for a Q&A type panel with me and other hobbyists?
If so, please post and I will get the ball rolling.
Giant cons like SDCC will probably not do it, but others will if CBCS reaches out to them.
Thoughts, suggestions.......
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I think it could pretty interesting. It could help provide information to collectors of all varieties. The person who might only have a few graded books, the one with their library graded, and the person just starting out with this part of the collecting world.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
I sure would!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Being someone who is just starting in this area of collecting, I would benefit from it
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Owen_Lorder private msg quote post Address this user
Put me down plus 1 for any local con (NY & metro area)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
I think it could pretty interesting. It could help provide information to collectors of all varieties. The person who might only have a few graded books, the one with their library graded, and the person just starting out with this part of the collecting world.

True, but it does not have to be about "certified" books. I think that this can be great for new collectors when buying raw books. It's a way to help others and keep our great hobby healthy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Charlieinarizona private msg quote post Address this user
I think these are the panels that are most interesting...not just another panel of ompanies hyping their new stuff. Panels of interests to fans with a different take are always appreciated...and usually well attended.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorock
Giant cons like SDCC will probably not do it, but others will if CBCS reaches out to them.

You bet, Steve. I don't attend a lot of conventions that aren't regional, but I do make several of the majors. I'll see your panel if Richard Evans isn't sitting directly in front of me (). Hey, maybe you could get something set up for Chicago Wizard.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector D_Stu private msg quote post Address this user
I would attend that panel for sure. I bet Chris Jackson with Planet Comicon in KC would be willing to host such a panel!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Stu
I would attend that panel for sure. I bet Chris Jackson with Planet Comicon in KC would be willing to host such a panel!

If you know him well, ask him.....
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector D_Stu private msg quote post Address this user
It's likely too late for this year's show, just 3 weeks out, but I will be sure to bring it up next I speak with him sir!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Wilson3d private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to go to one. I go to most the Los Angeles area shows. Long Beach would be a cool one!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector thirdgreenham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

You bet, Steve. I don't attend a lot of conventions that aren't regional, but I do make several of the majors. I'll see your panel if Richard Evans isn't sitting directly in front of me (). Hey, maybe you could get something set up for Chicago Wizard.

Lol!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Steve, yes!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
I'd definitely attend. Hope you can make it to San Francisco Comic Con in September! We San Franciscans need some good news since WonderCon blanked us!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BillsComics private msg quote post Address this user
Im all for it.
Id like to suggest the first topic.
Finding a new name to call unencapusulated comics other than "Raw"
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BronzeAgeBaby private msg quote post Address this user
FAN-OMENAL idea and HELL YES DO IT.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Charlieinarizona private msg quote post Address this user
--A new name for unencapsulated comics other than "raw"? How about virgin? That should be a term most comic fans can understand.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea. I would attend.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42

True, but it does not have to be about "certified" books. I think that this can be great for new collectors when buying raw books. It's a way to help others and keep our great hobby healthy.

You are right. I think it could cover the whole spectrum of comic collecting, from the raw book, to the graded book.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsComics
Im all for it.

Meduim-Well

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, definitely; Steve
Post 22 IP   flag post
We would need enough people at the same convention to get this done. I will be more than willing to take my time to do this, as well as getting some great hobbyists to be on the panel, but we would all need to work together to get one going.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Peace, Steve
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson3d
I would love to go to one. I go to most the Los Angeles area shows. Long Beach would be a cool one!

Love having another "Dead Head" here!
"We can have high times if you'll abide..."
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector jsilverjanet private msg quote post Address this user
i've always thought this was a good idea.

maybe you could have folks submit books prior to the panel to illustrate some of the things to look for etc
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet

maybe you could have folks submit books prior to the panel to illustrate some of the things to look for etc

Very cool idea. They can submit the books for grading, we check for restoration and give it a grade, with free graders notes, and explain why we gave the comic(s) the grade we did. Food for thought. Thanks, jsilverjanet!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Steve what you and your great team would be doing. This woukd be amazing and very benifcial to new people who are wanting to enter the hobby or know about the hobby. Most people say its about grades and such. Others are just wanting it for the money. I love the hobby because i enjoy the stories and the artwork that these great woman and men put out there for people to read. Doing a Q&A would help these folks and let face it not be green. I would so love it if you ever come to West Texas for a con to do a Q&A.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
Steve what you and your great team would be doing. This woukd be amazing and very benifcial to new people who are wanting to enter the hobby or know about the hobby. Most people say its about grades and such. Others are just wanting it for the money. I love the hobby because i enjoy the stories and the artwork that these great woman and men put out there for people to read. Doing a Q&A would help these folks and let face it not be green. I would so love it if you ever come to West Texas for a con to do a Q&A.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions, Absolute_Zero!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsComics
Im all for it.

Meduim-Well

LOL!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector jsilverjanet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet

Very cool idea. They can submit the books for grading, we check for restoration and give it a grade, with free graders notes, and explain why we gave the comic(s) the grade we did. Food for thought. Thanks, jsilverjanet!

This post should be worth at least 10,000 likes
Post 30 IP   flag post
600449 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?