Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Frankie's Comics + Info on Virgin Variants1429

Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
So I just got off the phone with Frankie's Comics (frankiescomics.com), and we had a long conversation. First off their customer service is great, and they straightened out a small issue beyond my expectations. The cool part though is that we talked about store variants and such for about 30 minutes. One question I asked him was why can't ALL store variants be virgin since we are buying them for the artwork. Well it turns out that it's more of a publisher decision on that front even if the store is commissioning the art.

Possible good news for those that pre-ordered the Vampire Hunter D B&W Artgerm variant though; it may be virgin! I can't wait until November.

The color will probably have a logo though.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I was just checking out their website. I wish they had cover pics of the new Star Wars Doctor Aphra. I might be tempted to buy it, but $60 is quite a bit for sight unseen.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
@OrbitCityComics It starts at that price, once they sell 50-60% expect it to go up. Venom and Ghost Rider both started low and kept going up.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
@OrbitCityComics It starts at that price, once they sell 50-60% expect it to go up. Venom and Ghost Rider both started low and kept going up.

I understand that, but I don't want to buy a cover variant without seeing the covers. I couldn't find pics or scans of covers.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
They have been doing this the past few covers, seems other retailers are following the trend as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, secret variants are the variant du jour ... and they're doing quite well
Post 6 IP   flag post
First one I've seen like this. Call me cynical, but I refuse to pay $60 on a variant without knowing what it looks like.

Eventually this will go away after people get burned with crappy covers and premium prices.

It MIGHT be worth doing if I could cancel the order before it ships if I see the cover before ships.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
@OrbitCityComics most places let you cancel orders just so you know. A fair amount of people canceled their Venom Greg Horn variant orders when the cover came out. I also know that Frankie's comics will gladly cancel an order for a product you're not happy with.
Post 8 IP   flag post
598064 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?