Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector AznBane private msg quote post Address this user
I figured I would start a thread on the upcoming venom variants. The Dell Otto cover got released/leaked today and I've got to say I love it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Definitely a fan of the Clayton Crain as well but I don't buy from the shop that has it unfortunately.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
It's aight (Dell'Otto)... I'm glad I did not get the preorder.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Not a big fan of the art but i did the pre order on it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gotta admit Dell Otto is one of my favorite artists so I'm probably a bit biased too
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector WilliamRkelly private msg quote post Address this user
I LOVE VEMON.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have a list of the variants on this one?
Post 7 IP   flag post
None that I saw but I'm sure CBSI will create a list closer to the release. Honestly, if you've gotten the chance to look through what's been released I would say the rest are let downs.

The 1:1000 is a copy and paste

This is the Greg Horn one... yeah...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Icculus private msg quote post Address this user
Like the Dell Otto. Glad I at least ordered the color. That is the regular variant and not the secret one right?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Correct, this is the color. The secret and B&W is getting released in a couple hours
Post 10 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBane
None that I saw but I'm sure CBSI will create a list closer to the release. Honestly, if you've gotten the chance to look through what's been released I would say the rest are let downs.

The 1:1000 is a copy and paste

This is the Greg Horn one... yeah...

Wow look at the angle. Looks like someone has been watching pron and got an idea out of it for that angle. Oh wait, sorry. Wrong Greg. Greg Horn is great.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The 'secret' is a virgin variant. Reason being, Dell'Otto paints his covers so they didn't want to throw on a cheap filter like the pink Harley. Don't know how I feel about the hype leading up to it but that would be a pretty cover to have in a slab or to get signed.

Post 12 IP   flag post
That's it?! That was the secret? I do believe that ALL variants should be virgin though. The whole point of buying a variant is for the artwork.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Like I said I don't know how I feel about all the hype because it was named the 'secret variant' but at the same time I don't know what more I would have expected besides a different color background. I'll take the virgin over a filter though. Just a disclaimer I did buy a secret set. I'll probably just sell the normal color and BW and keep the virgin one.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Like I said I don't know how I feel about all the hype because it was named the 'secret variant' but at the same time I don't know what more I would have expected besides a different color background. I'll take the virgin over a filter though. Just a disclaimer I did buy a secret set. I'll probably just sell the normal color and BW and keep the virgin one.

The secret variant should have been another unique painting IMHO.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Darkga I was definitely hoping for something like that. But thinking from the artist's and shop's perspective, where is the profit in that when you can just do another cover for another book.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Where can a guy pre-order the Dell'Otto Venom, or it's already too late?
Post 17 IP   flag post
you can get colors at Frankie's Comics still. I think B&W sets are still available at the other stores but they are UK based
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
you can get colors at Frankie's Comics still. I think B&W sets are still available at the other stores but they are UK based

Thanks for the info
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
@AznBane I'm in the same boat. I try to grab any comic he does a cover for. Some of his stuff is just sky rocket expensive though.
Post 20 IP   flag post
600728 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?