Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Do a lot of you guys travel to various cons or do you just hit the events in your area?

We don't get a lot of events in my area if at all, so just wondering what are some of the better ones to attend?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Well i have gone out of state twice for a con. I have been to Dallas Fan Expo and loved the Con. My plan next year to hit Alamo City Comic Con next year or Denver Comic Con. I go to my local con to aupport them and most are non hosted by the Library or good causes. Never wrong to be at local cons
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskershawn69
Do a lot of you guys travel to various cons or do you just hit the events in your area?

We don't get a lot of events in my area if at all, so just wondering what are some of the better ones to attend?

I really enjoy Baltimore! Its a cheap airport to fly in to and cheap places to stay if your from out of town. As a bonus, a lot of the con exclusive covers are the same as NYCC.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I go to Portland and Seattle. Everything else I hustle you guys on this board to get my commissions done across the country LOL (and Mexico, Canada, and United Kingdom! Thanks, you know who you are!)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
I'm only really able to get to the ones in my area. Mainly Planet Comicon in Kansas City & sometimes Wizard World St. Louis if I can afford it & they have enough guests I want to see to justify the long drive & the huge expense. went to Wizard World Des Moines the first year when they actually had awesome guests & it didn't suck like this year.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I use to, but then I got married. Now I'm down to the three local ones this year. I think next year I will take the family to Chicago.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I've gone out of state to California for the Wizard Con. I might try Portland next, except I HATE driving there.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
I travel for a living all across the lower 48 but I hardly have time to stop at the cons so I only get to the ones in Cincinnati really as my lady likes to go with
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I've gone out of state to California for the Wizard Con. I might try Portland next, except I HATE driving there.

Not worth it. Portland smells, too. It's weird. I don't think anybody there can smell it because they are desensitized? Odd.

I kid, but seriously there is a smell. The Wizard World Con itself there, and Rose City are both nice shows. I think Wizard World is better organized however. The minions at Rose City were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I was disappointed with the handling of the Stan Lee VIP ticket holders and not scanning the autograph tickets separately , yadda yadda... Cons can be a drag if you let them. The traffic, the people, the lines, the logistics.

My advice? If you go locally...CALL A CAB. Best thing I ever did in 6 years of going. Each year in Seattle it's like the shows get bigger and bigger. It's crazy. Last 2 years they went from a 2 day show to a 3 day show and they took over the entire convention center AND the Macy's Buiding. I bet it's going to rapidly become the next San Diego or NYCC because we are so close to Vancouver.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
For the cincy cons try going to mammoth cave and staying around there. It's 3.5 hrs away however its an extremely cheap vacation and extremely cool. Quality Inn for like 80 bucks (as good as a 150 dollar con room) and the cave tours are like $20 each. I leave from Detroit area take the family on vacation there then we stop in cinci for me on the way home.
Post 10 IP   flag post
besides that I do MI and OH cons
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I loved Portland when I visited there. Lots of great breweries, places to eat, the mountains; that Saturday street fair they have is awesome, etc.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the info guys, good feedback for trying to figure out where to go.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
I loved Portland when I visited there. Lots of great breweries, places to eat, the mountains; that Saturday street fair they have is awesome, etc.

Cincy has the Hoffbrau Brewery. I wish I could eat every meal there.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K
For the cincy cons try going to mammoth cave and staying around there. It's 3.5 hrs away however its an extremely cheap vacation and extremely cool. Quality Inn for like 80 bucks (as good as a 150 dollar con room) and the cave tours are like $20 each. I leave from Detroit area take the family on vacation there then we stop in cinci for me on the way home.

We just went to the caves last weekend for my birthday iv been before but it's been years but it's always a good time it's a must see in ky
Post 15 IP   flag post
Happy birthday BigRig!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Jeremy_K. Thanks it's almost like feeling old now lol
Post 17 IP   flag post
600777 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?