Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

Will CBCS grade these mini comics for me?1298

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have these mini comic books that I wish to be encapsulated. Will they fit in a holder? How does that work? They are really small.

Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
yeah. they graded my Gen 13 ashcan. though I had to have it graded 2 Day because of the size.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
These are "digest" size items, should not be a problem for CBCS. Mini comics are considerably smaller - down to postage stamp size.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Where do I get me a tiny turtles comic?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
One came from San Diego comic con being an exclusive item for the release of the new action figure line in 2012. The other mini comic book only came inside of the 1994 release of the four action figures associated with the "Warriors of the forgotten sewer" line of turtles.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington
yeah. they graded my Gen 13 ashcan. though I had to have it graded 2 Day because of the size.

Can you elaborate on that? Why did they say the size affected the grading tier?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I sent a Ashcan once and they tried to charge me 25.00. I said send it back. By they way i'm sending you Turtles a comic i found.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoddington

Can you elaborate on that? Why did they say the size affected the grading tier?

I was told because of the smaller size it was going to take more effort to slab because they have to have special inner wells for the smaller books or something like that, so it had to be bumped up a tier. I can't recall the entire convo because it was at a con & I was in a huge hurry to get to booths. I only stopped at CBCS's table first to see if it could in fact be graded.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
If it was cheaper i would grade all 25 but price has to go down first or just keep them in the box.
Post 9 IP   flag post
the price won't go down..... unless you subscribe to a higher level subscriber tier.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector HelmOhio private msg quote post Address this user
This thread still hasn't made it clear what the issue was. I'd like to know because I want to submit some rare ashcans eventually. Anyone from CBCS around to speak in this?
Post 11 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmOhio
This thread still hasn't made it clear what the issue was. I'd like to know because I want to submit some rare ashcans eventually. Anyone from CBCS around to speak in this?

We will do ashcans but ask that you submit them under the 2-Day Modern tier because they are very labor intensive for us to encapsulate.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector HelmOhio private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. I will keep that in mind.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmOhio

I posted a photo of an ashcan they graded for me in KC above. That should have answered the question on if they could or not.
Post 14 IP   flag post
597866 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?