COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
These are on 14 x 17 boards

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I don't think there's a thread solely dedicated to raw, unverified, unwitnessed signatures, other than the Star Wars sigs thread.

Doesn't matter if it's a comic, piece of signed art, backing board, poster, TPB, or print. If it isn't slabbed, post 'em, if you have 'em.

I'd post something, but you'll knock on me again like you did last time.

LOL
It took me a minute to figure out what you meant.
You said something similar in the other thread; You do know that's not what I was doing, right?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Okay, so these have a story behind them. When I was little and into comics and drawing, I had it in my head that I'd one day become a comic artist. I remember getting a How to Draw Marvel Comics Super Heroes activity book and completely demolishing it.

Of course youthful dreaming and seeing ads for the Joe Kubert school in my mid-90s comics mixed in my head and I ended up sending a "how am I doing, can I one day be a comic artist" letter (you know, stupid kids stuff) to the Kubert School along with a couple of drawings and the cards below, WITHOUT a self-addressed stamped envelope, mind you.

Some time later, I get a letter back. I think I still have it buried in my stuff somewhere, where Joe was encouraging but frank. I didn't end up becoming a comic book artist but I still went into a creative field and the fact that I still remember this story surely means Joe's words had some impact on my life.

Post 28 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think there's a thread solely dedicated to raw, unverified, unwitnessed signatures, other than the Star Wars sigs thread.

Doesn't matter if it's a comic, piece of signed art, backing board, poster, TPB, or print. If it isn't slabbed, post 'em, if you have 'em.

LOL
You said something similar in the other thread; You do know that's not what I was doing, right?

heh. i know i was kidding.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

heh. i know i was kidding.

Okay, good- Share away
Post 30 IP   flag post

Dave Gibbon signing my Watchmen Artifact Edition

Post 31 IP   flag post
Not quite comic books but my Magic: The Gathering Encyclopedia signed and doodled on by various artists

Post 32 IP   flag post
Frank Miller on my Graphitti Designs Elektra Lives Again. Looks like it's an Art Proof as well

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Millvilleresident private msg quote post Address this user
I had Summer Glau amd Mads Mikkelsen sign some steelbook cases for me a few years ago.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Holy Crap! I borrowed some Frazetta art books from a co-worker (formerly one of my art teachers). I sat down to look through them and the first thing I see...
Post 35 IP   flag post
Greg and Tim Hildebrandt. I wonder if I could get these authenticated and put into an ART holder...

Post 36 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite From what I understand, yes you can.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Krazywan private msg quote post Address this user

Amanda Conner did these for my kids at my LCS, Amanda and Jimmy frequent the shop I go to
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Ive got his greg and tim sig as well...didnt know what it was but when i saw yours I went looking for it.
Cant even find it on line so is it worth keeping? Any value at all on it? It was in a comic a bought
Post 39 IP   flag post
@Watcher Tim Hildebrandt, along with his twin brother and creative partner Greg, was an amazing artist who's enormous body of work spans iconic images in Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, comics, and more.

Unfortunately, Tim Hildebrandt died 11 years ago so I don't know how much demand there is in the market for his signatures, but the pair are some of my favorite artists so I'm very happy to have his signature in my collection
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS I have been collecting the RAWS for many many years..here are a few...I have to scan more...;-)

Post 41 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite...Very cool stuff..thanks for taking the time to give them their due credit. I was never a star wars guy and although I loved the board game 35 yrs ago...I've never really watched lord of the rings. Sci-fi yes...but more of a star trek/battle star G/sarah connor/stargate guy

Im guessing a double sig in decent shape must have some value (especially if a brother passed)- but I try not to get caught up in only value because then I can't enjoy the hobby... so Id be happy to ship it to you free if you PM me your address. I think you'll appreciate the work more than me .
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Watcher Oh man! Thank you!! I promise I'll give it a good home!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Thats all I ask brother If I see it on eBay we're having a chat
Post 44 IP   flag post
@Johnnylray That's some really great stuff! I'm in love with that John Romita Spider-Man!
Post 45 IP   flag post

Here is a couple Darwyn Cooke books I got signed not long before he passed away, super nice guy, it was winter up in Canada where he was from, he was saying how happy he was to be in Florida away from the cold
Post 46 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite...you should see the stuff he's sending to my phone....he's killing me
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Thats all I ask brother If I see it on eBay we're having a chat

lol, no worries about that! I'm keeping it for me! I've sold maybe two comics in my life...it's getting to be a problem, actually lol
Post 48 IP   flag post
ha! every time I go to sell to pay bills or buy another book, it kills me..so I get it..did you send me an address?
Post 49 IP   flag post
I've got a ton of raw sigs but nothing like these guys are posting and no art work unless I have my 10 yr old draw it but I'll post some in a sec
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
ha! every time I go to sell to pay bills or buy another book, it kills me..so I get it..did you send me an address?

yup! Just check your pms
Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher I am impressed .
Post 53 IP   flag post

this one is Mart Nodell creator of Alan Scott the golden age Green Lantern, I got this one when I was 13 years old, I had no idea how important that meeting was till years later, he did the fourth chapter in that book it was about four pages long
Post 54 IP   flag post
@johnnylray...pleeeeeease.... I love my books but your stuff is ridiculous . Thank you though
Post 55 IP   flag post
598076 81 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?