Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeSignatures

Raw signatures1284

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think there's a thread solely dedicated to raw, unverified, unwitnessed signatures, other than the Star Wars sigs thread.

Doesn't matter if it's a comic, piece of signed art, backing board, poster, TPB, or print. If it isn't slabbed, post 'em, if you have 'em.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I don't think there's a thread solely dedicated to raw, unverified, unwitnessed signatures, other than the Star Wars sigs thread.

Doesn't matter if it's a comic, piece of signed art, backing board, poster, TPB, or print. If it isn't slabbed, post 'em, if you have 'em.

That is awesome!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Thanks!

Here's something cool Mike Royer was selling in a garage sale, believe it or not. One guy showed interest, but after a month and a half never returned. So yoink! I don't know if they're official Stat Sheets, or if someone photocopied the originals. Doesn't matter, yoink.

Mike purchased the sheets from a co-worker (he believes) back in 1969. Kirby had already signed page 1. Shortly after Mike started working for Kirby, The King inscribed Part 4 to him.

I'm thrilled to be able to keep this with other special non-comic book items from Mike's career I've acquired over the last several years.

I've also posted a link to all the sheets (since there aren't any spoiler tags here ).

FF #12 Stat Sheets
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS Those are awesome!

Hare are a few selections from my old sketchbook:

Joker by Lee Bermejo

Superman by Ivan Reis

Raven by Marc Campos

Punisher Skull by Tim Bradstreet

Classic Cylon by Stjepan Sejic
Post 4 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite LOVE the Cylon!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Javier Saltares from the Ghost Rider Keepsake Collection. What's cool is nowhere on the numbered envelope does it say anything about the exclusive (to the Collection) print being signed.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Howard Chaykin's Shadow on a backing board from Wizard World Sacramento Con (last year).

Post 7 IP   flag post
An art collection signed by Steve Rude. I was happily surprised to find 3 signed prints inside

Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post
From my Graphitti Designs copy of Earth X

Post 10 IP   flag post
That is so cool!!!!!!!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
LOVE the Earth X stuff! Alex Ross ftw
Post 12 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS @kaptainmyke Thanks!

I actually recently decided to someday soon get a commission of X-51 by Jae Lee. I just think his painted art style will go amazingly well with the character, especially in black and white

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one of the only things that is not verified that I own.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user

Nearly all of the biggest names in Swamp Thing publication. I will probably frame it one day after Len Wein adds his name since I will probably never have access to the elusive A.M.
Post 15 IP   flag post
My signed copies of Heavy Metal #276.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Okay, I'm not sure where/when I got this but it looks like an animation cell (on a clear acetate sheet) signed by John Romita Sr and Jr

Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Defiantly the coolest unique piece I own. Signed by
- Miller
- Janson
- Capullo
- Finch
- Fabok
- Adams
- Nyugen
- Conroy

Post 18 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'd post something, but you'll knock on me again like you did last time.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user

Bully Tucci commission
Post 20 IP   flag post

Ben Templesmith signature
Post 21 IP   flag post

Jenny Frison signature...love her covers
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
I picked this up as part of a lot, honestly didn't even notice the sig when purchasing it. Seller claims it is the cover artist Art Adams. I can't seem to find many examples of his signature, anyone have a guess if it's legit?

Post 23 IP   flag post
@bythegram It's possible his signature has changed over the years but most of the witnessed signatures I've seen look something like this, with both names written out and capital A's on each

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite yeah that's what I've been seeing as well.
Post 25 IP   flag post
These are on 14 x 17 boards

Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

LOL
It took me a minute to figure out what you meant.
You said something similar in the other thread; You do know that's not what I was doing, right?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Okay, so these have a story behind them. When I was little and into comics and drawing, I had it in my head that I'd one day become a comic artist. I remember getting a How to Draw Marvel Comics Super Heroes activity book and completely demolishing it.

Of course youthful dreaming and seeing ads for the Joe Kubert school in my mid-90s comics mixed in my head and I ended up sending a "how am I doing, can I one day be a comic artist" letter (you know, stupid kids stuff) to the Kubert School along with a couple of drawings and the cards below, WITHOUT a self-addressed stamped envelope, mind you.

Some time later, I get a letter back. I think I still have it buried in my stuff somewhere, where Joe was encouraging but frank. I didn't end up becoming a comic book artist but I still went into a creative field and the fact that I still remember this story surely means Joe's words had some impact on my life.

Post 28 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL
You said something similar in the other thread; You do know that's not what I was doing, right?

heh. i know i was kidding.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

heh. i know i was kidding.

Okay, good- Share away
Post 30 IP   flag post
601358 81 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?