Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Do you buy comics more for the Hero/Villian?1256

Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I recently had been talking to the owner of a comic store I go to that as I’ve gotten older I’ve realized that I buy comics more for the villains than the heroes. As a kid I bought Silver Surfer comics because I loved Thanos, I loved the goblins (Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Jack O’lantern) from the different Spider-Man series, and anything with Mephisto. I do have a few heroes I genuinely liked and got comics because of them but I find I’m more interested in the villains.

I was curious if others are similar or really were into the heroes growing up. And which specific heroes/villains they bought comics for and why?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Many villains have become "heroes" now a days and vice versa. There used to be a well defined sense of good and evil in this country (USA), but now many see things in shades of grey. Comics are reflecting this reality.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
I love collecting Thanos, only villain i have targeted for collecting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector TyrantK private msg quote post Address this user
Like others have stated, I have some heroes that I appreciate but I too find myself leaning towards the villains. Carnage, from the Spiderman series, is my absolute favorite character.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
The Villains. The better the bad guy, the better the hero looks.

In the world of 'Rassling', Ric Flair was one of the greatest heels because he spent his career making others look good.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
The Villains. The better the bad guy, the better the hero looks.

In the world of 'Rassling', Ric Flair was one of the greatest heels because he spent his career making others look good.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
"To be the Man, you gotta beat the Man, Wooo!"
The Nature Boy
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
When I was younger, I liked the Fantastic Four only because of Dr Doom. When the story changed, I lost interest in them quickly.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Venom. Good. Bad. Doesn't matter. Good stuff.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I always enjoyed Spider-Man, but I never really loved it until I began understanding the villains. That really increased by enjoyment.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Darth Vader is always been one of my favorites.

Godzilla and Ghost Rider might be considered part villain, part hero. Depends on how you look at it. Tomb of Dracula is another example.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
....as the vintage 90s DC poster I have states....

"....AND EVIL SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH!"

I have to say, I love the bad guys and anti-heroes and most of my visible collection is related to just that.....the bad guys.

Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
A hero without a good villain is just a guy with a boring day job and a strange night hobby.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Bullseye especially during Miller's run on Daredevil MADE that series. As far as Batman, you just can't go wrong with Joker stories.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I like the "bad" good guys- batman, punisher and the like
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Vexsus private msg quote post Address this user
A hero is nothing without compelling villains to make a story. Even as a kid I've been enamored with the villians. DC Scarecrow and Loki are my big two, but most of Batman and Spidey's rogues gallery are fantastic.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexsus
A hero is nothing without compelling villains to make a story. Even as a kid I've been enamored with the villians. DC Scarecrow and Loki are my big two, but most of Batman and Spidey's rogues gallery are fantastic.

Scarecrow and Loki for me as well. Villans make more interesting stories... Of course if they were real people we would stay far away from these psychos.
Post 17 IP   flag post
600771 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?