Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Astonishing X-Men #1 (3rd Series (2004))1253

Collector dburghard private msg quote post Address this user
I know this isn't an expensive comic, but I have this 'graded' book from ACE and was wondering if it is even worth keeping it being graded from them. I'm new to this, but I haven't heard of them. It was graded in 2005. To me, it looks very good, all the corners are clean, the staples are shiny and I don't see any obvious wrinkles or creases, but it is a little hard to tell in the case, which has light scratches on it. I was wondering if it was worth pulling out of the case to evaluate it or just leave it alone? It probably isn't worth getting graded at CBCS, since it is an newer comic, but just thought I'd show you and ask your thoughts
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
This will probably be deleted/edited. Only CGC and CBCS slabs are allowed here. Just FYI
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I had never heard of this company before. There are probably even more I am unaware of too
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector dburghard private msg quote post Address this user
I tried including a photo. Guess I messed that up, but It isn't important. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of ACE, which stands for 'Accurate Comic Evaluators'. The website indicated on the slab does not exist any more. I'm thinking of just taking it out of the slab and keeping it as a raw book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
According to this website....ACE is defunct.....

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/docs/gradingcompanies.php

Not much after that.....

Looks like this link shows the company to have only one employee ......Bob?.....*smiles*

http://accurate-comic-evaluators-llc.san-antonio.tx.amfibi.directory/us/c/14820834-accurate-comic-evaluators-llc
Post 5 IP   flag post
600922 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?