Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Catalog and price guide1212

Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
I know this was covered before, but cant remember what post it was on. I'm looking for a top notch catalog app, and possibly provide estimation on current prices for books. If any one knows of some good apps let me know.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for this too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector cjmoxley private msg quote post Address this user
Watching for the answer myself.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BluSkyComics private msg quote post Address this user
You can use Comicbook Price Guide and subscribe for $50/year to maintain your own catalog.

http://comicspriceguide.com/
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluSkyComics
You can use Comicbook Price Guide and subscribe for $50/year to maintain your own catalog.

I use that and I really like it, but I would like a mobile app version of it. Its clumsy to try use it on a mobile device, particularly in a shop.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Ouch! All my graded books that I purchased for $85-$150 each are listed as being worth $10-$18 each
Post 6 IP   flag post
Has any one use CLZ? I like the idea of using a barcode scanner. But am werry if the app dors work or not. Pluss they do not keep prices from what i see. Its just for cataloging.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Has any one use CLZ? I like the idea of using a barcode scanner. But am werry if the app dors work or not. Pluss they do not keep prices from what i see. Its just for cataloging.

I have it and its nice for cataloging, but I don't think it has the price guide feature, which is what I am really after. I want to be at a shop and quickly be able to pull up the ballpark value of a book before I buy it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector userX745 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using CPG also but the prices are off and it doesn't populate store or convention variants very fast. But I like using it. A mobile app version would be nice.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector stophmaster private msg quote post Address this user
I can't help with the price guide (I usually just use completed eBay auctions as a general guideline), but for a mobile app for cataloguing I use TapForms on my iPhone. It was either cheap or free, and it's a very easy to use database that is very easy to customize.

There is both a list view and a page view. I'll include screen shots from both. When you tap on the scan, it opens full screen.

Post 10 IP   flag post
I currently subscribe to gocollect.com and i can input the books i have, and all the prices are from sold cbcs and cbcs slabs from ebay.

@Themaxx35 see im with you on looking for a price guide app. How does the bar code scaner app work with CLZ? Is is consistent?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
Take a look at this
https://www.zapkapowcomics.com
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
Quote:

Ouch! All my graded books that I purchased for $85-$150 each are listed as being worth $10-$18 each

Are you looking at the raw prices or the graded prices? CPG usually has over inflated prices on the graded side. What are your books and what are they graded at?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Try comicsmv.com This is Comic trends and values. It shows what graded books have sold for and how many times a particular book has been sold and the date of the last transaction. You can also pick out a grade of a book and see what it has sold for. For example you can type in Booster Gold #1 in a 9.6 and it will show you what that book has sold for. It is a pretty handy sight. Check it out.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego Hey Darth, I don't have too many but here are a few, all graded 9.8

Deathmate Black valued $16.80
Maxx #1 valued $16.80
ShadowHawk #1 valued $14
Spawn #8 (this was a random purchase) valued $11.20
Spider-man #1 (1990) No price valued $16.80
Spider-man #1 (1990) Gold Direct valued $16.80
Spider-man #1 (1990) Silver valued $11.20

These are what I grew up with so there are much more than financial ties to them, but wow this sucks, lol.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGOMUSIC
Take a look at this

Do you use it? The reviews on Itunes are pretty bad. Wanted a second opinion before I tried it out.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
I currently subscribe to gocollect.com and i can input the books i have, and all the prices are from sold cbcs and cbcs slabs from ebay.

@Themaxx35 see im with you on looking for a price guide app. How does the bar code scaner app work with CLZ? Is is consistent?

Haven't tried the scanner out yet. I try this weekend and let you know.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Themaxx35 Sweet..... i'm stoked. I might try the free bee to get my feet wet to see how it works also
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
Quote:

Are you looking at the raw prices or the graded prices? CPG usually has over inflated prices on the graded side. What are your books and what are they graded at?

I read it as he meant the prices he paid are higher than what CPG shows.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGOMUSIC
Take a look at this

Do you use it? The reviews on Itunes are pretty bad. Wanted a second opinion before I tried it out.

I use CLZ comics but that doesn't have the price guide thing. I use it in conjugation with that to see how it works. So far it's not that bad.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Just wondering if anyone gave comicsmv.com a try? Anyone like it?
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Themaxx35 were you able to use the scanner? If so hows the app?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Midnightowl private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips I took it for a spin and the site looks promising. I will be using it again in the future. Thanks for the tip.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicVault private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips I just stumbled upon comicsmv.com about a week ago and love it. Very in depth and you can really get the specific information you are looking for.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Midnightowl @TheComicVault I am glad you guys liked the sight. Being able to see the actual sold prices is good. This way I can compare what books that I feel will make strong candidates to get graded. I normally like to send in books that are worth around $100 raw. This way I feel it was worth the effort and cost of getting it graded. Anyone else have starting points like me?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
@DertyComix I have CLZ and it's great for modern books 2000+. The scanner has a hard time with older books. Anything from the older than 90s, I input by hand. The nice thing is that it connects to a database and it shows the cover for the book. The scanner is pretty flawless when it comes to newer moderns. You scan multiple books without having to push a button.

Here's what happens:
You activate the barcode scanner. You then scan your first book and the app saves it into a queue. The scanner stays active so you can have a stack of 50 books and scan it in about 10 minutes or less. Once you're done, you save it and it populates your library with the updates.

The other nice thing with CLZ is that it knows if the book is a variant and will match it to the correct variant cover. It will also alert you if you scan a book twice in case you screwed up.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicVault private msg quote post Address this user
Looking at ComicsMV.com the only thing I don't see are Annuals. Anyone else find them?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicVault
Looking at ComicsMV.com the only thing I don't see are Annuals. Anyone else find them?
I had no luck with annuals either. I even tried Avengers annual #10( 1st Rogue) and did not see any results. The sight does do a good job with books that are hot or selling frequently.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
CLZ work very well for cataloging but doesn't have a price guide. CPG does both but you have to keep in mind that they, like any other guide, aren't always going to be accurate. It is a guide and as such there are thousands of books to track and no one there has access to all sales everywhere.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector GradedKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm always looking for a good price guide / organizer for my comics and I finally found a good one. I personally use GoCollect.com to catalog my graded comics and check on market trends. This site tracks sales of all graded comic that are sold on eBay, so it has solid sales numbers create an accurate guide. @BrianGreensnips @TheComicVault It also lists the annuals like Avengers Annual #10 . In fact, there is only one book in my collection that I haven't found listed on GoCollect so far, and I'm not sure why. I feel that it's much easier to read and more user friendly than comicsmv.com. It only costs $6 a month to use and has a wealth of information. You can test drive if for free if you want to check it out.

I've also tried out ZapKapow as well. It was ok as an organizer, but if you have a fairly large collection, it takes forever to input them all. I don't remember how accurate the price guide was or how up to date it is with the market trends.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601313 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?