Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 9/12/161188

Collector cjmoxley private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts The "weeks" idea seems like a good simple change. I mean I always understood that business days were when the business was actually open. Monday - Friday. But making it weeks makes it much easier to calculate the actual time. You guys are the best and get my meager business.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombofdracula50
@SteveRicketts

Is there a reason that books are being delivered before grades are being updated in the system?

We have to manually input all the tracking numbers at the end of the day after the shipping manifests have been closed out. We put as many in as we can before time to go home. There are times when we don't get everything updated, in some of these instances a package can get delivered before the tracking info has been updated into the system.

We had a meeting today to come up with a way to resolve this issue. We know about it, and we're trying to resolve it.

Bar codes and scanners would do the trick.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
You should have a system in place where the tracking number is automatically added to your internal system as soon as the shipping label prints. This is logistics 101.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Or just enter the customer email address in with the FedEx shipping data and let Fedex send them an email.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector dburghard private msg quote post Address this user
I agree, you should be able to have the shippers notify directly. I have items shipped to me all the time at work and the notices come directly from UPS, not the vendor.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombofdracula50
@SteveRicketts

Is there a reason that books are being delivered before grades are being updated in the system?

We have to manually input all the tracking numbers at the end of the day after the shipping manifests have been closed out. We put as many in as we can before time to go home. There are times when we don't get everything updated, in some of these instances a package can get delivered before the tracking info has been updated into the system.

We had a meeting today to come up with a way to resolve this issue. We know about it, and we're trying to resolve it.

Have you guys tried carrier pigeons?
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I got a email few days ago saying that my books from FanExpo (Toronto) were waiting in the vault. I got fast pass with them. Any idea when they'll be looked at? I was told you guys were just under a week behind. Thanks
Post 32 IP   flag post
600728 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?