Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 9/12/161188

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Aarrrghhhh.... haha
3 days before my books got there. So close, yet so from away.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmm. I was told at the Cincinnati Comicon that 2-Day was on time. Only reason I picked 2-day.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
The wait starts. Mine just got received today.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector howardknoah private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Is there a particular area of the process that gets bogged down the most? I have had my order sitting in shipping since last Thursday & it was done via 2-day. It's been in shipping longer than it took to be graded. Thanks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardknoah
@SteveRicketts Is there a particular area of the process that gets bogged down the most? I have had my order sitting in shipping since last Thursday & it was done via 2-day. It's been in shipping longer than it took to be graded. Thanks.

My books went to shipping last Tuesday and have still not gone out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Quick update- Just received my book back today. A bit of a concern that still shows in shipping status on my account & I cannot access the grader notes due to this. This was done via 2-Day.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector cjmoxley private msg quote post Address this user
@howardknoah I have had a book stuck in "processing" in "shipping" since April. I can still not see the grader's notes for this book. I contacted CBCS customer service at least 6 or 7 times about it and they always told me they would get it seen about. Still nothing has changed. @SteveRicketts is this something you can fix?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmoxley
@howardknoah I have had a book stuck in "processing" in "shipping" since April. I can still not see the grader's notes for this book. I contacted CBCS customer service at least 6 or 7 times about it and they always told me they would get it seen about. Still nothing has changed. @SteveRicketts is this something you can fix?

So you got your book delivered but it has never shown on your dashboard? Makes me wonder if my books have shipped but it's just not showing. I work during the day and will miss the delivery if I don't know it's coming.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
@SteveRicketts Quick update- Just received my book back today. A bit of a concern that still shows in shipping status on my account & I cannot access the grader notes due to this. This was done via 2-Day.

It looks like it was marked complete before I could get to it.
You should be ok now.

Quote:

Fixed. Let me know if you need anything else.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

It depends on the day and the workload in a department.
Backlogs can happen anywhere.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Joshua373 @howardknoah I kid you not. It literally just got fixed. Like since I posted that comment above. Guess someone somewhere monitors these boards.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdangerc
Hmmmm. I was told at the Cincinnati Comicon that 2-Day was on time. Only reason I picked 2-day.

We're trying to keep 1 and 2-Day orders as close to on-time as possible.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Joshua373 I was able to see it on my dashborad but it was shown in shipping for a number of days. It shipped out but I never received notification. So when I received it today I was a bit surprised. I called customer service & they fixed things on their end and I can now see the grader's notes.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Thank you so much for fixing that.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Joshua373 @howardknoah I kid you not. It literally just got fixed. Like since I posted that comment above. Guess someone somewhere monitors these boards.

Cool...I called customer service and they said my books should ship today or tomorrow so hopefully I will see my grades soon. My experience with CBCS customer service so far has been very good. And I do appreciate how they keep up with what's being posted here on the forum and try to take care of things.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector dburghard private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my email notice yesterday that my first submission is now being graded! Don't know when I'll ever see my next set get graded since they are in for pressing first and they haven't started mine yet. waiting... waiting... waiting...waiting...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Oh, by the way, for those who remember I am trying to sell my collection, I am behind sorting them out, but I can say that any proceeds are now all mine. I was selling them for my Mom and my two uncles. However, very sadly, a second of my Mom's three brothers died recently and unexpectedly, so now it is only my Uncle Norman and my Mom. Norman got with my Aunt Beth (late Uncle Woody's wife) and they have agreed that I have done so much work on helping with these comics that they decided to give them all to me (and Mom). Seems a little better even if I don't get as much as I would like to for them when i don't have to split the money three ways! Hopefully one day I'll have all of the ones back from begin graded and I can continue. Also, If I decided to do a little collecting, nobody is asking me to sell any more!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
My Boston Fast Pass books shipped. So 2 submissions are in the mail! Fast Pass turned around very Fast, super happy as my competitor X Fast Track books are only at graded, submitted at the same show.
Post 19 IP   flag post
My Heroes con submissions shipped today so customer service got it right.
Post 20 IP   flag post
SO I noticed today on my submission that the quickstream turnaround has changed from 10 days to 2 weeks.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburghard
Oh, by the way, for those who remember I am trying to sell my collection, I am behind sorting them out, but I can say that any proceeds are now all mine. I was selling them for my Mom and my two uncles. However, very sadly, a second of my Mom's three brothers died recently and unexpectedly, so now it is only my Uncle Norman and my Mom. Norman got with my Aunt Beth (late Uncle Woody's wife) and they have agreed that I have done so much work on helping with these comics that they decided to give them all to me (and Mom). Seems a little better even if I don't get as much as I would like to for them when i don't have to split the money three ways! Hopefully one day I'll have all of the ones back from begin graded and I can continue. Also, If I decided to do a little collecting, nobody is asking me to sell any more!

... Congratulations?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
SO I noticed today on my submission that the quickstream turnaround has changed from 10 days to 2 weeks.

All turnaround times have been changed from "business days" (which nobody understands), to weeks (which everyone understands).
We're trying to keep it as simple as we can because we don't like frustrated customers.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Tombofdracula50 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

Is there a reason that books are being delivered before grades are being updated in the system?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombofdracula50
@SteveRicketts

Is there a reason that books are being delivered before grades are being updated in the system?

We have to manually input all the tracking numbers at the end of the day after the shipping manifests have been closed out. We put as many in as we can before time to go home. There are times when we don't get everything updated, in some of these instances a package can get delivered before the tracking info has been updated into the system.

We had a meeting today to come up with a way to resolve this issue. We know about it, and we're trying to resolve it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts The "weeks" idea seems like a good simple change. I mean I always understood that business days were when the business was actually open. Monday - Friday. But making it weeks makes it much easier to calculate the actual time. You guys are the best and get my meager business.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombofdracula50
@SteveRicketts

We have to manually input all the tracking numbers at the end of the day after the shipping manifests have been closed out. We put as many in as we can before time to go home. There are times when we don't get everything updated, in some of these instances a package can get delivered before the tracking info has been updated into the system.

We had a meeting today to come up with a way to resolve this issue. We know about it, and we're trying to resolve it.

Bar codes and scanners would do the trick.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
You should have a system in place where the tracking number is automatically added to your internal system as soon as the shipping label prints. This is logistics 101.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Or just enter the customer email address in with the FedEx shipping data and let Fedex send them an email.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I agree, you should be able to have the shippers notify directly. I have items shipped to me all the time at work and the notices come directly from UPS, not the vendor.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597867 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?